PDA

View Full Version : We have a new baby!!!

pookyandjo
15-03-2010, 12:41 PM
We would like to welcome into our family a new baby...a gorgeous little 9 week old female Maltalier we have called Charlie... baby sister for George and Harry...:-D :-D :-D

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/IMG_0085_3.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/IMG_0086_3.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/IMG_0089_3.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/IMG_0098_3.jpg

yola
15-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh my goodness! What a little sweetheart. Charlie has the most wonderfully expressive eyes and such lovely fur colour, especially the little white splodge on her head.

Just adorable :D

alexgirl73
15-03-2010, 12:55 PM
what a little sweetie :D So scrumptious.

Mags
15-03-2010, 01:05 PM
What a sweetheart she is! :D

Moli
15-03-2010, 01:19 PM
She is mega cute....Is she a maltese/cavalier??

angieh
15-03-2010, 01:25 PM
What a scrumptious little bundle Jo! You kept that under your hat :-D

pookyandjo
15-03-2010, 01:33 PM
She is mega cute....Is she a maltese/cavalier??

Yeah Moli she's a maltese Cavalier cross.... ie... a Maltalier... personally i think she's more cav than maltese... but she is a cutie...

pookyandjo
15-03-2010, 01:35 PM
What a scrumptious little bundle Jo! You kept that under your hat :-D

Angie... Cait has been wanting a dog for ages... and whilst we have a large backyard... the usable dog area isn't large... (most of the back yard is taken up by the pool/surrounds and outdoor entertaining area.. o IF we got a dog.. it would have to a la type dog that didn't need a huge area to run around in... and this little moppet fitted the bill... we just picked her up today!

pookyandjo
15-03-2010, 01:39 PM
of course... this probably means that i will have to go and join dogsey as well... as its been many many many years since i have had a dog... (probably about 30 actually :shock: :shock: :shock: )

and im flying by the seat of my pants with how to look after it..... its a bit different from the cats!:?

Moli
15-03-2010, 01:49 PM
She is gorgeous.....She does look more Cavalier....

Kazz
15-03-2010, 03:58 PM
She is scrumptious.....I think I may have beentempted to name her after Truely.....after Truely Scrumptious in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,.............;)

dandysmom
15-03-2010, 04:32 PM
That's a surprise! How are George and HRH reacting to a dog?

calismum
15-03-2010, 07:14 PM
What a beautiful puppy. Lovely face. Does George and Harry appreciate their new sibling!!!!

Shelley123
15-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Charlie is so cute, your in for some fun

jacks
15-03-2010, 09:55 PM
She looks really sweet and cute.You just want to cuddle her.

pookyandjo
16-03-2010, 11:10 AM
well... She is going to be an outdoor dog... as im not a fan of dogs inside... at the moment she is sleeping/living in the ensuite of our guest bedroom... cait slept in the guest bedroom last night and she said that Charlie slept right through the night only waking at 6 am when cait got up and started moving around getting ready to go to uni...

of course we have been checking on her... and taking her outside for an hour or so at a time to run around the back yard... but she has to be supervised because of the pool...
David went to the hardware shop this afternoon to buy some 1 ft wide mesh which we will attach to the bottom of the pool fence so she cant get into the pool enclosure.. He will be doing that tomorrow...
Both George and Harry have met her...Harry in the flesh and George through the window,... Harry thinks shes fabulous... and they were chasing each other up and down the hall way within 5 mins of Charlies arrival...and now they sit and talk to each other through the fly wire screen when she's outside .. George on the other hand has become a bit clingy... following me around...he stares at Charlie through the wire screen... and when Cahrlie comes up to say hello... George stands up.. turns his back to Charlie.. and just sits there...for a a min or so... then just walks away... then 5 mins later he's back to look out the window at her...at the moment i want George and Harry (particularly George not to feel insecure about his territory.... ie the house...
so at the end of day one... its not going too bad!

dandysmom
16-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Sounds as if it's going well! I'm amused at HRH, but royalty can be gracious when mingling with the commoners! :mrgreen: Poor George, quite a shock for him....

angieh
16-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd love a picture of Harry, George and Charlie together ...... or any combination really. I can just see Harry and Charlie chasing each other - bet Harry is fastest!

dandysmom
16-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Incidentally, Jo, been meaning to ask you: when did Harri become Harry? (off topic, sorry!)

pookyandjo
20-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Incidentally, Jo, been meaning to ask you: when did Harri become Harry? (off topic, sorry!)

lol Eileen.. not sure how it happened..i think it may have been more a subconscious thing given that she is named after His Royal Highness Prince Harry... that Harri became Harry:roll:

pookyandjo
20-03-2010, 01:55 PM
just an update... Charlie has been sleeping outside now for 3 nights and is a little champ!.. no crying... she just pops off to bed and sleeps... she will start puppy pre school on Wednesday so that will be interesting.. we have her kennel set up in our undercover entertaining area... which is covered on three sides... we have set up a play pen for her and we keep her confined to the play pen at night... during the day she has run of the yard... her food and water bowls are in the play pen and the little gate is left open during the day so she can come and go as she pleases... funnily enough she can often be found in her kennel having a snooze... i will have to take some pictures and post them

EmmaG
20-03-2010, 02:08 PM
OMG!!! she is cute!!!