PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE! Vista Guardian 2010

angieh
13-03-2010, 09:31 PM
This is a new and clever scam - will pop up on your computer and tell you to register and receive protection from viruses, adware, malware etc. It runs a check and says you have lots of malicious software already on your computer. On no account accept it or register - it is a useless scam, but very clever and will panic you, especially if you use MS, because it looks just like a Microsoft Security program.

Get advise how to remove it.

This attacked me this afternoon - and I didn't download anything. Been offline since about 4 o'clock until my computer wizard sorted it for me. I have firewall and generally effective and proactive protection software and it got past that.

Elaine
13-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I have had that once or twice before. I never download anything like that coz i know G takes care of all that kinds of stuff, so I just shut down and re-boot.

dandysmom
13-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Good to know, thanks, Angie. I have gotten one here too telling me I have corrupted files and spyware; I just completely ignore it.And it refers to my PC, which I don't have.

calismum
14-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I've had a few of that type of pop up too - it is really annoying - as it goes (or appears to go) straight into a disc check even when I use the x or cancel. I get so annoyed with these things.

Thanks for the heads up.