PDA

View Full Version : Post consultant visit today

Kazz
09-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Well saw my consultant today and quite pleased in a weird way.
First he is doing my operation......Yeah :-D I like him and everyone I have met who has been treated by him says he is brilliant, which my dealings with him and I agree.

It appears I have been under a misunderstanding regarding size of one of the fibroids....I thought we were talking cm's ie 15cm for the largest appears we were talking inches.....so my largest fibroid is 38cm....:shock: = 15" approx two smaller ones about 6" and 8". At present time they are still growing.

And my ovarian cyst the size of my fist which is not big....my fist that is ;) about tennis ball size.max. :)

Apparently when my cyst ruptured which is what put me in hospital on 6th Feb what ruptured was the top part of my ovarian cyst about size of a sprout apparently which had twisted effectively cutting of the blood supply and allowing them to be separate cysts (almost) the bigger half of the cyst is still there on right ovary.

Anyhow after all that I am down for an "urgent" hysterectomy....(awaiting a date..if I have not heard by Monday I need to phone his secretary) so the surgery will be
total abdominal hysterectomy..(ovaries and cervix removed as well) the cut will be vertical due to size of fibroids....from top of pubic bone to belly button....:roll: Joy of joys....I am in recovery for 12 weeks he said....:shock: :shock: :shock: but will be given an excercise sheet....:-D ...but I am encouraged that walking is a good form of recovery....Yeah...no evidence of cancer at present time :smt038 in womb, ovaries, uterus, cervix, but the raised CA levels due to the hormones going crazy in my system.

Told him I feel well but he said "high tolerance to pain" take it easy.

So there you go.....have another scan next Tuesday which is on my liver, apparently the CAT scan showed "something" on ,my liver but my Gynae consultant said depending on what shows up from the liver scan will depend on next cause of action......but hey one hurdle at a time.

So thats all from me folks...just waiting for appointment.

dandysmom
09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh Kazz, don't know what to say.... so sorry. Praying all will go well for you. (((hugs)))

Kazz
09-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh Kazz, don't know what to say.... so sorry. Praying all will go well for you. (((hugs)))

Its not that bad Eileen honest. I could be much worse.

There were people there who looked terrible I gave up my seat for a couple of ladies so they were closer to the way in/out....and when I went through to see my consultant the nurse said "you know your health is worse than the majority we are seeing today":roll: But I said "Hey I feel fine, they look ill"... can't see the point in mooping about.

So thing is to get the garden sorted before the op..:-D

angieh
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
You'll feel a million times better Kazz and you're going to get rid of it. I don't know whether you feel emotional about losing your reproductive "bits"? Have you been offered any counselling etc. before the op?

I do hope that you'll get all the post op care you need and practical help and support. Sad that Elaine doesn't live nearer to help with walking Sal.

Chin up gal - you are a brave 'un and we're all rooting for you.

15 inches ............................... can't believe it's THAT BIG.

Kazz
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh and the excellent news Mr Emmanual (my consultant) is a cat lover he has a 7 year old neutured BW rescued tom called Biggles.. Amazing what you find out isn't it.....

angieh
09-03-2010, 05:47 PM
That's a big plus for your Mr Emmanual. Hope my Mr Jolly is as nice!

Kazz
09-03-2010, 05:48 PM
You'll feel a million times better Kazz and you're going to get rid of it. I don't know whether you feel emotional about losing your reproductive "bits"? Have you been offered any counselling etc. before the op?

I do hope that you'll get all the post op care you need and practical help and support. Sad that Elaine doesn't live nearer to help with walking Sal.

Chin up gal - you are a brave 'un and we're all rooting for you.

15 inches ............................... can't believe it's THAT BIG.

Hope your appointment goes as well with a resolution on Friday...at least I am sorted and fell okay too I mean lots of people are poorly like you for ages. I have symptoms but feel fine.:roll:

Kazz
09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
That's a big plus for your Mr Emmanual. Hope my Mr Jolly is as nice!

Well one of his assistants...(don't know what he's called) is called Doctor Nanna ...go figure

angieh
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
hmmmmm shades of Peter Pan, perhaps?

Elaine
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM
OMG Kazz, I dont know how you take all these things in your stride as you do. I guess you have to....
All the very best for the op, hope your liver scan goes well and that your recovery goes by quickly and easily. Thinking of you xxx

Kazz
09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I will REPEAT it is not that bad.....could be a lot worse. I have no symptoms (to moan of) and diagnosed within a month from hospital emergency admission on 6/2 now that ain't bad.

Jeanette
09-03-2010, 06:30 PM
You are truely amazing. I hope all will go as well as it sounds:D

Kazz
09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Point to note here Operations mean being cut open and thats gonna hurt....may as well accept it and move on pain relief will be gladly accepted.... ;)

Elaine
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I will REPEAT it is not that bad.....could be a lot worse. I have no symptoms (to moan of) and diagnosed within a month from hospital emergency admission on 6/2 now that ain't bad.

Ok ok, keep yer blooming knickers on woman;)
Glad you are doing so well, infact you are absolutely glowing;)

Kazz
09-03-2010, 07:16 PM
No offence Elaine...maybe a gate but not a fence...;)

Mags
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I wish you all the very best for the op, Kazz ...... given time to heal, I'm sure you will feel tons better after. The worst bit for you will be your recovery ....... how on earth will they be able to stop you from doing things :roll: ...... no lifting for weeks either...;)

Hope all goes well with your liver scan too ..... will be thinking of you.

No doubt about it, you are a remarkable lady and this will help you overcome your hurdle.:)

EmmaG
09-03-2010, 07:33 PM
15inches!!!!! you will feel so much better after the op Karen.

What an ordeal!

alexgirl73
09-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Attagirl Karen :lol: don't let the b******s get you down! Once you've had the op, and are on your way to full recovery, I think a wee holiday may be in order, somewhere peaceful and relaxing xx

Kazz
09-03-2010, 07:54 PM
15inches!!!!! you will feel so much better after the op Karen.

What an ordeal!

I know...I sat in chair and nurse was behind me and he said "what size was your fibroid again" I said "15cms" he said "no" I said "yes" this went on for a bit...like a comedy routine, :roll: then he said who told you that! I said "YOU" he said "no when I told you, you said talk English to me I do inches and ounces so I converted to inches for you"....hence where the problem lies I was on morphine...and it sounds like me...:roll: .....then I suppose because everuyone does cm's when I came back to earth I think my hearing was hearing what it wanted.....you can actually see the shape on my right side....from belly button to right hip....they were amazed in work today......:shock: Have lost 3/4 of stone too:-D .....but thats because I am full up due to fibroids pushing stomach etc, and still being ill if I eat to much.

But the big one 38cms...at last scan....:roll: .......appears that was hiding the smaller ones.....like hide and seek.

Kazz
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Attagirl Karen :lol: don't let the b******s get you down! Once you've had the op, and are on your way to full recovery, I think a wee holiday may be in order, somewhere peaceful and relaxing xx

Yeah, you may be right.

calismum
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Kazz - you amaze and humble me youare so positive about all this. However, I do understand what you mean about it not being bad news inasmuch they've decided what to do and you've been seen and diagnosed so quickly. I hope the liver scan is ok.

I'm sure you'll be in have it done and home pretty soon - but 15" - omg!!!!

Moli
09-03-2010, 08:18 PM
All the best for your op Kazz.....Have to say, I admire the way you cope with things...x

Kazz
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
No different to anyone else and what the alternative....moan....I mean look at Tinks OH... K...now that is bravery......and anyone coping with ongoing conditions like arthritis or rhumestisum...depression...or caring for people with dementia etc..life altering day to day conditions that make life hard work...mine is diagnosed and will be resolved end of story....

angieh
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM
That's the way to look at things Kazz - it is major surgery, they will have to cut you open, but it's the most common gynae op performed certainly is USA if not here too. OK they've got some other bits that will need to be removed too but you'll have a GA and there will be pain relief.

If it comes to that for me, I just hope I'll be as brave.

dandysmom
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm in awe at your courage ,,,cannot say how much I admire your spirit,

Kazz
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm in awe at your courage ,,,cannot say how much I admire your spirit,

And none of it out of a bottle....Good eh....;)

dandysmom
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
And none of it out of a bottle....Good eh....;)

See, there's the difference ... you can joke about it!

When I had by first cataract surgery I was a complete gibbering wreck. And that's NOT major surgery.

Donna
09-03-2010, 09:40 PM
All the best for your op Kazz.....Have to say, I admire the way you cope with things...x

Completely agree. Good luck with this Kazz. I know you will cope brilliantly and will bounce back after the op x

Kazz
09-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Completely agree. Good luck with this Kazz. I know you will cope brilliantly and will bounce back after the op x

Thats all the fat causing the bouncing Donna....but less fat now 3/4 stone lost in a month and the consultant estimates the fibroids and cyst could weigh 7lb....:shock: ....heck of a way to diet.

Kazz
09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
All jesting aside Thank you all very much.

MrsH
10-03-2010, 12:49 PM
It sounds horrendous and surgery is no laughing matter, but I admire your outlook. You've had a detailed diagnosis, and now you've got an action plan and time-scale too, not to mention your admirable positivity! ;) Hope it all comes together quickly for you and then you can concentrate on the recovery. Wishing you well again soon!

But, crikey! the size of the fibroids!!! :shock:

pookyandjo
10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
All the best to you Kazz.... great attitude you have i must say.... BUT... some people will go to any lengths not to do the "daily thread";)

yola
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Goodness. . . 15 INCHES??? No wonder you can't keep any food down; there's no room!

You mut give yourself time to rest after the op. I made the mistake after my c-section about being too active and the darned wound re-opened a bit an got infected. Hopefully during your recovery they'll give you a 'bed ladder' which helps you pull yourself up from lying down and slowly strenghtens your stomach muscles. This made the world of difference when I had my first tummy op (ectopic removal) and helped me gain independence quicker.

Karen, please know I wish you a world of love and luck and I'm sure you'll feel a million times better physically, once the offending bits have been removed.

Shelley123
10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
You have a great attitude Karen and i'm sure that will help you. Heres hoping you get your op soon and your liver scan is ok.