PDA

View Full Version : Kizzy's behaviour is changing!

angieh
04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
It is nearly a year now since we adopted Kizzy and understandably when she first came to us, she was wary and scared and ran to find a hiding place at the sound of footsteps in the first couple of weeks, but she soon became used to us and has always been a very affectionate girl. I soon realised that she could be trusted 100% not to bite or scratch. She will chew my finger nails and take my fingers right into her mouth, but she will not bite.

About five months afterwards, Pip came to live with us as a 9 week old kitten. There was a period of settling in but really quite soon they decided they would be friends and still romp about and chase each other playfully. We've never had any aggression, although Pip can sometimes be a little boisterous - well, he is a boy!

But Kizzy's behaviour has definitely changed - she has learned to have fun, to chase ping pong balls and the laser light, to play generally. Watching her and Pip playing tag in the garden is just lovely. She is becoming much more mischievous - and well, naughty at times! After all she does have tortie in her! I had a little talk with her this afternoon and told her that we still love her and that we may tell her off but we'll never stop loving her. She is obviously feeling secure enough to test the boundaries. It's taken a while, hasn't it?

Thank you Smudgley and Kazz - bless you for letting me bring Kizzy home. We'd be a much sadder household without her.

dandysmom
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
What a wonderful feeling knowing she's become so much more confident and playful. She couldn't have found a better more loving home and family than with you, Angie. Nor a more delightful little brother! Chin tickles to both!!

Kazz
04-03-2010, 06:43 PM
A year already....as oon as I saw her I thought of you...odd.
But maybe she is playing now because she feels safe and secure....I got the feeling looking at her that play was not part of her life surviving was it......

Maybe Pip has helped unlock the kitten within the cat. .....

Elaine
04-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Has it really been a year? Dear god that's gone quick.
Glad all is well with both Kizzy and Pip xxx

angieh
04-03-2010, 06:51 PM
It's not quite a year ....... will be on April 12th.

calismum
04-03-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm so pleased that she has settled well and enjoying her life now.

jacks
04-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Well done Angie for making Kizzys life so much better.Sounds like shes one happy pussycat.You must be very proud of her.
I to have had to have them chats with Minnie:cat9

pookyandjo
05-03-2010, 01:48 PM
sounds like she is becoming a product of her loving environment :)