PDA

View Full Version : Basil mayonnaise

dandysmom
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I read CMs recipe and others on the net, and found a slight problem: it requires a blender, which I don't have. So, it occurred to me that you could simply add some pesto to the mayonnaise in the same ratio, and get an almost identical result, with less work. I always have pesto on hand (actually having linguini with pesto tonight) so thought I'd just post this idea in case anyone was interested.

Aquatic
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for posting this :-D I was thinking of having a go at making it. I also don't have a blender. :lol:

dandysmom
02-03-2010, 05:15 PM
It makes sense to me. After all, good Genoa pesto has olive oil and garlic, the only ingredient that isn't in the blender recipe is the pine nuts.

angieh
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I love just pasta and pesto ..... unfortunately OH doesn't.

dandysmom
02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
So fix two meals? I did that all the time when my Dad wanted something I didn't like, like liver and onions, ugh!

angieh
02-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Now that's a thought .... he's always on about wanting stuffed hearts! YUK!!

Mind you, I've always avoided making more than one sort of meal .... my dad used to tell me about his poor mother .... he was one of 11 children and none of them liked the same things .... In fact it went as far that one wouldn't sit up at the table if another was eating something they didn't like. And this was in around 1920 on. Spoilt rotten and it wasn't as if they were well off or had "help".

calismum
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Great idea DM - though I probably should admit that I sometimes just chop the basil very finely and add it that way.

I will try pesto as it is a fav of mine too.

dandysmom
02-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Now that's a thought .... he's always on about wanting stuffed hearts! YUK!!

Mind you, I've always avoided making more than one sort of meal .... my dad used to tell me about his poor mother .... he was one of 11 children and none of them liked the same things .... In fact it went as far that one wouldn't sit up at the table if another was eating something they didn't like. And this was in around 1920 on. Spoilt rotten and it wasn't as if they were well off or had "help".

I guess I came by it naturally, my Mom often fixed different meals as Dad, my aunt who lived with us and I were rather picky eaters! No "help" here either, this was at the end of the Depression and thru the war years. Yes, we were spoiled!

Stuffed heart? :shock: Double YUK!