PDA

View Full Version : Cats can smell/hear

Stephan
26-02-2010, 03:25 PM
With a power that leaves us humans in awe.

Now it`s true that Cleo spends most evenings on my lap but sometimes she gets confused and goes up to either sleep on my bed or in the airing cupboard.

I can be in the kitchen washing up and nothing,I can go to watch to tv,nothing.

But if I go to the kitchen and get myself a treat involving ice cream or cream on something how come she has appeared before I get to sit down in front of the tv??

angieh
26-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I am sure we could all say we've had the same happen to us, Steph! Is it smell, or hearing or that cat sense "... there may be something out there for MEEEE!"?

Elaine
26-02-2010, 04:13 PM
They have a 6th sense:lol:

trick
26-02-2010, 05:06 PM
They speak the ancient language of fridgeez, only heard by cats and dogs!

dandysmom
26-02-2010, 05:25 PM
It was cheese with me. Misty loved cheddar; she could be upstairs napping but as soon as I started taking the plastic wrap off the cheese she appeared!! There is no way she could have smelled it, and unwrapping is not exactly what you would call noisy .....but she always knew!

cats' staff
26-02-2010, 09:57 PM
They have efp

Extra- food- perception

Smudge can sense a tin of tuna open 2 fields away

Stephan
26-02-2010, 10:28 PM
They have efp

Extra- food- perception

Now that does make sense:D

calismum
26-02-2010, 11:31 PM
They have efp

Extra- food- perception

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
26-02-2010, 11:39 PM
EFP .... love it!!!

pookyandjo
27-02-2010, 03:42 AM
EFP... well done! :)

Aquatic
27-02-2010, 11:43 AM
My cat always appears when I'm drinking a glass of milk :roll:

jacks
28-02-2010, 02:47 PM
They have efp

Extra- food- perception

Minnies the same.She can be at the top of the garden with the door shut and as soon as i open the tin of tuna she stops in her tracks and looks back at the kitchen and comes running.Soooooo clever.
She also knows the word CHEESE.If you shout CHEESE whereever she is she will appear at your feet.:lol: :lol:

dandysmom
28-02-2010, 05:23 PM
It's either an uncanny sense of smell or EFP! Sultan was a chicken lover. One day when I was walking him on his lead we met a neighbor who was unloading five bags of groceries from her car: he immediately dashed to one bag, stood on his hind legs and stuck his head in. I laughed and said "There must be chicken in there" .... and there was a cooked roast chicken in that bag!! How could he possibly smell it that quickly, and it was wrapped in plastic wrap of course. They are amazing.

Stephan
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
The late `Oscar` had this thing about raw liver, if I was preparing it he would make strange noises and jump up with all claws out.

That cat on your lap is all hunter and a wild animal just taking time out when he/she purrs and smiles at you;)

cats' staff
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Mind you, EFP can fail them. I'm sorry Smudge it was a tin of cannelloni beans!

Does anyone else have to show their cats the contents of the tin to prove it isn't tuna?

dandysmom
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Not with Leia, but yes with Sultan..

jacks
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes i have to show Minnie whats in the tin if its not tuna.:roll:

maxiesmum
04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
lol YES i have to do that too!! and efp! love it

Max's current obsession (and mine too at the moment) is Dairylea triangles... Max goes mental for them.. as soon as i sit down and before ive even opened the wrapper, max is on my lap purring like mad and practically helpin my to get the wrapper off so he can have some!! its very cute!