PDA

View Full Version : Tea drinking Kizzy!

angieh
25-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Just happened - OH had left half a mug of tea on the desk in my office where I am working. Kizzy jumped up on the desk and started drinking from the mug, and drank quite a bit. It was slightly warm.

Has anyone else got a tea drinking cat ........ and does anyone know if it's safe for a cat to drink tea?

Elaine
25-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes Bernie too will lap from a cup of tea or coffee. I wouldnt have thought it would be good for them but have seen no adverse effects in Bernie.

calismum
25-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I suppose if only a wee bit then not an issue.

Caffeine is poisonous to cats and dogs but they would have to consume a lot for that to be an issue.

My first dog used to regularly mop up any coffee in mugs we had left out.

I'm sure if Kizzy enjoys it a little will do no harm - or make her some caffeine free tea!

dandysmom
25-02-2010, 09:10 PM
A new one to me! None of mine have ever tried that. Did the caffeine make her a little wired up?

angieh
25-02-2010, 09:55 PM
No - she didn't have that much! Milk, so sugar - I wonder if she'd like green tea? I do have some in the cupboard.

pookyandjo
25-02-2010, 11:51 PM
lol....another mental picture moment going on here....

Angie:... "im going to make a cup of tea.... do you want one?

AngiesOH: yes please... that would be nice..

Angie: Kizzy?? what about you?

Kizzy: Meow meow meow meow :)

kado
26-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Mine do it too or the milk you put in the tea as well. They think its cat milk

Hollyp
26-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Haha :) Mine likes to occasionally do the same!! I try not to encourage it though, my tea! :lol:

Aquatic
27-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Felix has never tried that before but when I have a glass of milk he'll wait until I'm not looking and he'll start drinking it. :roll:
so then I can't drink it because he's been drinking it :|

dandysmom
27-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Leia would consider tea "people food"! And I drink mine plain, no milk, sugar or lemon, just plain green tea.