PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat wear a magnet for cat flap access .....?

angieh
25-02-2010, 03:23 PM
What has he or she brought home with them or picked up in your home?

Kizzy has presented us with rusty nails and once a very long screwy thing. :oops:

She also gets stuck to the radiator and as she moves along it, we hear k-plunk, k-plunk, k-plunk. :D

Pip picks up cutlery - forks, knives and spoons ..... but the funniest thing is when they get stuck together. :-D

Those magnets are really strong. :roll:

cats' staff
25-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Does Pip adopt the innocent look whilst attached to cutlery? Mine have the 'no I haven't been licking out the yoghurt pot look' practiced to perfection- it loses something when there is a tell tale spoon dangling from their collar!

calismum
25-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Stupidly or innocently (take your pick) I never thought about magnetic cat flaps being 'magnetic'.:?

Laughed at the thought of these poor cats attatching themselve to all these different things.

I can just see Kizzy bumping along the radiator :lol:

dandysmom
25-02-2010, 05:31 PM
That is so funny! It never occurred to me either!

Hollyp
26-02-2010, 02:59 PM
lol thats really funny, Molly doesn't wear one but the moggie next door does. I will ask next I see them! :)

CathyW
18-03-2010, 12:35 PM
lol must admit i found it funny.dont think i could use one on our 2 hooligans. reggie runs full speed at the cat flap comes frying in and then looks as if to say *what*???
i asume those flaps dont open so quickly. so poor reggie would end up with a head ache

angieh
18-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Our magnetic flap has "died" and lets everyone in and out with or without a magnet now. I thought perhaps the battery was exhausted, but OH has investigated and says there is no battery! Next door's Smoky Joe has been in several times and I want to put a stop to that before my two start spraying.

Definitely in the market now for a microchip one.

Donna
18-03-2010, 03:23 PM
When my two had the magnets on their collars the funniest sight I saw was Chloe running backwards with her metal food bowl "chasing" after her... she was very nervous of eating for a while.

I now dont use the catflap so the magnets were taken off their collars. The magnetic cat flap is no use to me in my area so might look into the microchip ones.

lisa01uk87
19-03-2010, 02:35 AM
i had the magnetic cat flap when i had gypsy my maine coon and bella, but gypsy didnt like using it the conventional way and broke it because she would claw at it till it opened, so i gave up with them, tbh no cat other than the ones that live here dare enter my house bella sees to that :P even her friend lucky isnt allowed in he tried once now he sticks to the garden to wait for her to come out to play lol

Phoenix
19-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Dylan has one of the everyday ones (opens when you push it open regardless) but we had to lock it because of the amount of prey Dylan was bringing back :roll:

Beauty never had a cat flap because she wasn't strong enough to be able to push one open.

calismum
19-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Just as a little aside. Was talking to folk at work when this thread was started and forgot to post that one of the guys said his cat always comes back home through the flap backwards!! He thought this to be really strange as the cat has no idea if it is going to be attacked from behind by his brother who uses it normally. They've tried showing him but he stubbornly continues.

angieh
19-03-2010, 09:05 PM
That is so funny CM - would love to see a vid of that!