PDA

View Full Version : Cat House

jan
24-02-2010, 11:45 PM
My four cats love sleeping in a large cardboard box with big cushions inside and a door cut in for them to go in and out. We are on our second now and its about had it due to my 2 heavier cats sitting on the roof! I cant keep ordering big stuff to get the cardboard boxes but does anyone know if there s anywhere that sells cat kennels as opposed to a dog kennel that would be too big? It would have to go in the kitchen corner and my cats paraphernalia about fills it now. (bean bags, activity centres, etc..) I dont have anyone handy enough to make me one so buying something is my only option. Thanks! Jan x

Mags
24-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are looking for, Jan .....

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&source=hp&q=cat+kennels+for+sale&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=QKyFS8zMFJm8jAeFzNiJAg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CEAQrQQwCg

Shelley123
24-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I think there is something about cardboard boxes that Cats like, not sure why.
Sorry i don't know anywhere to get a Cat house, perhaps someone else will have an idea. Trouble is i kind of think you could go to the expence of getting them a fancy house and they wouls still prefer a cardboard box ;)

Moli
24-02-2010, 11:53 PM
http://www.thepetexpress.co.uk/?p=2_4&pid=2935&gclid=CIiap5SIjKACFc9i4wodE2dNdA

There are a few here....

calismum
25-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Suppose it depends how big you mean. Local supermarkets will get their eggs delivered in the big egg boxes. I'm sure if you asked they'd save one or two for you. (18x24x36 - very approx)

yola
25-02-2010, 11:16 AM
If you go to one of the self-storage places they sell cardboard boxes of various sizes for storage/house moves etc.

If your cats like boxes I would be concerned that spending money on a cat kennel will result in said kennel being ignored as it's not a box!!

dandysmom
25-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I was going to suggest asking local merchants if they would let you have any large cardboard boxes; they usually just dispose of them anyway. I did that at my supermarket when I moved house years ago, they let me have all I wanted. Wouldn't hurt to ask, all they can do is say "no". Good luck!

angieh
25-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I would say go begging for a new cardboard box - those cat houses have ridged roofs and I am sure that cats like to lie on top of flat things, like cardboard boxes (or a crate in the case of my two). The top gives another storey/platform for surveying their domain!

jan
26-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi all,
thanks for the ideas, all taken on board for future reference. I suddenly had the idea of a wendy house just a cheap one but found a teepee type tent for £9.99 in Argos in stock, so reserved one and just got back from fetching it. Son put it together, its a bit bigger than I thought but Tess was in it as soon as Adam was putting it up, making it difficult for him, Maisie is scared of it (it is a bit green lol) but Felix is happy enough as is Max. The lady serving me in Argos said ooh a nice little tent .... I wish I hadnt replied yea, its not for kids tho, its for my cats! She looked at me a bit oddly.......:oops: Jan X

angieh
26-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Just don't go back to the same woman for the cats' camping stove, sleeping bags etc. :-D :-D :-D

I think we'd all enjoy a photo of the tent with your war party!

dandysmom
26-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I second the pic request!

calismum
26-02-2010, 11:14 PM
thirded !!! Great idea.

Aquatic
26-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Lol! I want to see pics to :-D
:lol: the tent sounds very nice