PDA

View Full Version : Cleo is getting older

Stephan
24-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Nothing serious but those `tell tale` signs are starting.

More fussy about her food,drinking a bit more and just a wee bit thinner around her flanks.

Very soon we will celebrate 25 years of owning a cat(s) one more heartbreak and then the big question-do we get another???

dandysmom
24-02-2010, 06:02 PM
How old is Cleo, Steph? Well loved and cared for cats like Cleo can reach a good age: some of our members cats were in their early 20s; my two oldest died at 19 1/2 and 20.

Only you and Jenny can decide about another cat, but IMO a house without a cat is not a home. There is always enough love to welcome a new friend ... not a replacement, no cat can be replaced ...... but someone new to love you and be loved.

angieh
24-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Yes, how old is Cleo Steph? Is she crying, seeming disorientated or exhibiting any other signs that are worrying? IMO so long as she has a good quality of life and is not in pain, she will be a happy cat. Cats don't worry like we do about not being able to do things as we used to, or remembering what we did yesterday.

Stephan
24-02-2010, 06:56 PM
She is young yet-say 11 or 12??-she was a `rescue` girl.

Not likely to pop off for a while but I know the signs that say "I`m no longer a kitten"

A bit like myself come to think on;)

calismum
24-02-2010, 08:32 PM
As long as she's happy and contented then I'm sure she'll be around for a while. Always sad, I htink, when you see that step from young to older cat.

dandysmom
24-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Only 11? She's just in early middle age! Leia will be 11 next month.

angieh
24-02-2010, 09:03 PM
She's still only middle-aged like me!

Moli
24-02-2010, 09:46 PM
My Leo is 14, and quite honestly does not look that old..

yola
24-02-2010, 10:42 PM
It depends on the cat - my Balie is coming up to 13 and he really, really looks much older than his years. Fifi is only 6 months behind him yet looks almost as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as when she was a youngster (apart from being a tad 'jowly').

But they're pedigrees so don't wear as well as mogs . . .

dandysmom
24-02-2010, 10:51 PM
That's true, all of our longest lived cats were moggies.

jan
24-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Max is looking very old - he s seventeen and ten months and has CRF - his pupils are still dilated differently at certain times and he has had black spots in his iris`s for quite a few years now. He is getting thinner is deaf as a post, drinks quite a lot of water but he still jumps up on the side okay, eats like a horse and sleeps well and comfortably. He s happy enough especially when he gets his food and I count every day with him as a bonus. Tess is almost 16 and chubby girl still, beautiful fur and eyes, getting more demanding tho, meows for England for her own way (ie I want to come in your room and sleep on your bed). She s determined. So really 11 is still young ish, just start spoiling them more while you have the chance! Jan x

angieh
24-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Oh I so agree Jan ..... make the most of every day and spoil them as much as possible.

Elaine
25-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Just thinking about what you have said about Maxs' eyes, has he had his blood pressure checked? It's quite common for CRF cats to have high blood pressure which might explain the black spots in his eyes.