PDA

View Full Version : Speaking from my hospital bed

Kazz
23-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Well got kept in.....can't believe it only came for a scan.... staying in till I think tomorrow....anaemia......:roll: ....so irritated beyond belief.

But this time have had my laptop brought in and sitting in the day/family room....trying to catch up on CP stuff....

Karen

calismum
23-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Kazz, sorry they kept you in but best place really if they are worried about you.

Did you look at the chair I posted a link to? Really comfy but way, way to expensive for a chair IMO! Are they giving you bloods or fluids to try and get the count up? Hope they get you levelled out soon as.

Look after yourself.

CM xx

Mags
23-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry they have kept you in Kazz ....... hope it'll be a short stay this time.

Take care, hope they sort you out soon....x

Donna
23-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Get well soon Kazz, so that they will let you out x

alexgirl73
23-02-2010, 07:54 PM
All the mod cons lol! Hope you get out tomorrow Karen and feel better soon xx

Kazz
23-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Fluids.....yet again. Appears thats why I had fluids last time as well as dehydration from the sickness last time. But hey hopefuly out tomorrow.....I am keeping fingers crossed....the ward I am in has 6 beds and all of the people on there had surgery today...so not a one up for chatting hence my self exclusion to the day room.

Off for a wander up the ward in a bit see if I can find anyone else up for chatting.....got to take my trolly..thing with IV thingy on with me but hey....its not to bad.

Moli
23-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Hurry up and get well Kazz.....

Elaine
23-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Hope you get better very very soon, I'm not so sure they will let you out though, think they will probably just transfer you to the mental hospital;) especially if you are bothering the other patients:lol:

Kazz
23-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Hope you get better very very soon, I'm not so sure they will let you out though, think they will probably just transfer you to the mental hospital;) especially if you are bothering the other patients:lol:

Yes you could be right mad woman roams ward.....babbling on about cat neutering......can see the headlines now.:-D ...but I figure if I behave (yes I can do that) they will let me out eventually.

Not too bothered this time a bit fed up but hey not too bad...

Shelley123
23-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry they've kept you in Karen. I'm glad you have your laptop with you, at least you can keep in touch.

angieh
23-02-2010, 08:55 PM
You see, you're not drinking enough Kazz! Sorry you've been kept in though - did you take your toothbrush with you?

I'm having a nice glass of red wine to keep my fluids up. Take care.

dandysmom
23-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh dear, that was an unpleasant surprise! Hope they release you soon, at least you're being hydrated, etc. now. How lucky you got the laptop.

Taking a tip from Angie, have some wine chilling now! Take care, Kazz.

Phoenix
23-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Hope you get well soon Kazz.

Kazz
23-02-2010, 09:41 PM
You know whats worse I actually felt better today than I have for a while!!!!!!!Go figure.....

Anyhow had a nice chat to Amanda (cp) about a bit of a problem and pleased to have resolved that and the night nurse will post the vouchers for me tomrorrow morning when she is on her way home.... ;)

MrsH
23-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Hope your stay there is a really short one! Also hope you have a restful night, I find it's always so noisy at night in hospital, nurses with loud voices and hob-nailed boots!

Sweet
23-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Hugs and paws of love coming your way x x

Julie x

smudgley
23-02-2010, 11:04 PM
:cool: Now that my friend is dedication, scribbling vouchers in your hospital bed, I think that even beats Pat hand delivering them on the bus.... You take care & don't over-do it.

Jeanette
23-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Not the kind of day, you thought you'd have:cry:

But I hope all is well tomoz and they'll let you out and home fast:D

pookyandjo
23-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes you could be right mad woman roams ward.....babbling on about cat neutering......can see the headlines now.:-D ...but I figure if I behave (yes I can do that) they will let me out eventually.

Not too bothered this time a bit fed up but hey not too bad...

ROFL!!... bad mental picture of you Kazz.... picturing a hospital gown... with the back half open.... you dragging your IV pole with one hand... laptop under the other arm.....

hope you're felling better really soon... at least you have your laptop..small consolation i know...but it's something

Kazz
24-02-2010, 02:30 AM
:cool: Now that my friend is dedication, scribbling vouchers in your hospital bed, I think that even beats Pat hand delivering them on the bus.... You take care & don't over-do it.

Nah my biggest dedication to the branch was phoning someone one my mobile, only to know I would then never escape....I still say a convert her wheelchair to a catmobile ;)

Kazz
24-02-2010, 02:35 AM
ROFL!!... bad mental picture of you Kazz.... picturing a hospital gown... with the back half open.... you dragging your IV pole with one hand... laptop under the other arm.....

hope you're felling better really soon... at least you have your laptop..small consolation i know...but it's something

Well you made me laugh........I used my IV stand to hang my mobile on....as I shuffled around the wards...:-D

I am awake now as I was woken by an emergency admission into the next side ward to me. I managed to get a cup of tea out of the nurses.... but can't get back to sleep .My 5 roommates all have had surgery today and their machines are beeping in synchall but one which is beeping against the others.....therefore not lulling me to sleep like earlier.

Also I think as soon as I drop off they will wake me to check my blood pressure.....etc.:roll:

Oh well I will try...night all. I hope.

dandysmom
24-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Hope you can get some decent sleep later, Kazz, and can go home to your own bed in the morning. Night!

Tink
24-02-2010, 07:28 AM
hope you feel better!

yola
24-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Wow, these Birmingham hospitals are the height of sophistication; wi-fi and all that :D

Seriously, I hope sincerely that you're going to be out and about very soon - until then for heaven's sake behave yourself please ;)

kado
24-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Hope you feel better soon.

angieh
24-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Hoping all is well this morning Kazz? Used you as an excuse to get OH off the computer ...... must check to see how Kazz is, said I.

Kazz
24-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Not Wi Fi Yola....I brought a Vodaphone mobile broadband dingle thingy when I got the laptop....before I had my broadband setup.

When I was in before I noticed a few people working form the day room etc. ;) you cna only use them in the day/family rooms.

Not to bad actually, Doctors rounds this morning I am progressing the right way.....hopefuly by afternoon rounds I will have progressed to the door. :)

dandysmom
24-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Hope you're well enough to be released this afternoon ,,,, and take it EASY when you get home: no painting or wallpaperering or the other things you're prone to doing! Sit down with a cuppa and relax on Catsey!

Kazz
24-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Hope you're well enough to be released this afternoon ,,,, and take it EASY when you get home: no painting or wallpaperering or the other things you're prone to doing! Sit down with a cuppa and relax on Catsey!
Thanks Eileen, have to go they are bringing dinner round I don't eat it its horrible but if I refuse food they may not let me out...catch 22....so I move it around the plate a lot.....;)

Aquatic
24-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I hope you get better and that your out of hospital very soon :p x

Elaine
24-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Eat your blooming dinner woman, we want you home and well again and soon.;)

Jeanette
24-02-2010, 07:47 PM
And yet again,you make me giggle:lol: :lol:

I hope you're home or on your way home now:D

Kim
24-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I hope you will be well enough to come home soon Kazz. Take care xx

angieh
24-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Or settle down and join us over on the the quiz. Those doctors will be off duty soon ........... surely?

Kazz
24-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Right visiting finished and nothing going on here in hospital...but nurses pottering around..so I am going to the quiz.

I did not eat the dinner (yukky) but others did I think its me...
Dave is bringing me a couple of sarnies in later. I was hoping to be out. But looks like tomorrow....Yeah.!!!

So looks like I am off to the quiz...anyone going?

Moli
24-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Kazz, you need your strength, eat your dinner....!!! we want you home as soon as possible....;)

yola
24-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Thank heaven for Dave - otherwise you'd have to eat the hozzie food :D When I was in for my parathyroid removal it was the same, my folks and OH used to bring my dinners in :)

I hope tomorrow brings good news in terms of you being able to go home . . .

dandysmom
24-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Same here. Good to see you at the quiz tonight.

Moli
24-02-2010, 11:08 PM
What time do they put you to bed Kazz??