PDA

View Full Version : Tom loses it

Shelley123
20-02-2010, 11:49 PM
:lol: Tom is a very laid back chap and at the moment we have my parents Papillon staying with us.
He's always trying to get Tom to play by walking by him with a toy in his mouth, he then tries to get Tom to take the toy from his mouth like another Dog would.
He also tries to wash Tom's face.
Tom takes all this in good humour usualy.
However just now Tom came into the living room in a bad mood, everytime Reuben went past him he took a swipe, silly Dog interpreted this as an invitation to play and went closer and closer untill Tom rolled onto his back in the hopes of wrapping the Dog in a loving embrace (NOT)
Pleased to say Reuben decided discretion was the better part of honour and left him alone.:lol:

dandysmom
20-02-2010, 11:57 PM
LOL, cats do not understand dogs body language, do they? Hope the little dog is OK, and bet he won't do that again!

Shelley123
21-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Don't worry Eileen , Reuben is fine, they didn't connect ;)
Trouble is Reuben has a very short memory :D

Elaine
21-02-2010, 11:03 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pookyandjo
21-02-2010, 11:20 AM
i dont have a dog now... but i remember having them as kids... and they can be so gullible when it comes to cats and playing... they always looked like their feelings had been hurt when the cat/s decided that they'd had enough and brought an end to the play... but like you said Shelly... they have such short memories!

Aquatic
21-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Whenever my dog comes to me for attention the cat always jumps out behind the sofa claws out grabs his snout my dog yelps then runs off but then Felix runs up to him and carries on hitting him across the snout until I intervene :lol:
Poor dog he is a lot bigger than Felix but is still scared of him:-D

dandysmom
21-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Cats rule! .........:mrgreen:

yola
21-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Trouble is Reuben has a very short memory :D

Ahh - goldfish dog!!

I love watching the dynamic between cats and dogs - a friend got a labrador puppy to go with her really old tom cat and the scenes played out between the two of them had us in stitches for weeks. The cat was SO put out, but was a real gent on the whole :lol: