PDA

View Full Version : Update on me.

Kazz
20-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Well here we go people update time.

I have fibroids (didn't know I had them but sure do now) although I did have symptoms but I never thought them serious enough to mention just got on with it.
Anyhow onward and upward one fibroid is now approx 15cm+ in length, and it also appears I have several smaller ones.... ...of which the smallest is 6cm.....wouldn't you know it.

The cause of my hosptital stay was a twisted ovarian cyst which ruptured two weeks ago today hence being admitted to hospital, and the start of this disaster.
It appears because the fibroid is growing fast...they believe there could be cancer involved...according to my consultant, I have raised levels on a blood test called a CA125...which showed raised levels which raise concerns about ovarian cancer. Hoo Hum......plus I have a solid/dark area on my other ovarian cyst.....see you thought I had just the one cyst which had ruptured well guess what so did I.

Seems this other one is more "interesting to the Docs" due to the dark area.

In the last fortnight since being in hospital and out I have had Xrays, ultra sounds, CAT scans MRI, liver scan another ultra sound and now due for a PET scan.....Whooppeee.... and bloods taken it feels by the litre........

I am not allowed to go back to work yet as still in discomfort and symptoms and side effects common with fibroids etc plus you can now see the shape of the fibroid (large soft mass confirmed on CAT scan as it is fondly called on my hospital discharge notes) on my right side so I have no option but to agree it is growing.
The fibroid is pressing on my bladder, and nerves (hence pain in leg/lower back now ) but hey not too bad.

I am also anemic.....Whoopee again. Hence why I feel light headed around Sainsburys...etc. But plan on walking more this week coming, and feeling better.
I am taking enough tablets to be officialy renamed rattled daily.... ...not Kazz.

The answer appears to be hysterectomy.....not sure if ovaries will be going with it or not...have to wait and see my consultant, regarding the possible cancer.
They are trying to reduce the fibroid....seems though mine wants to grow not reduce....so the battle is on.

So the outcome of this is you have the pleasure or not of my company for the next week or so.....

Elaine
20-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Dear god Kazz, so sorry and hope you make a remarkable recovery from all this. xxx

Aquatic
20-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this Kazz.
I do hope the fibroid reduces in size and that you get better.
xxx

Kazz
20-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Dear god Kazz, so sorry and hope you make a remarkable recovery from all this. xxx

You do not have to call me God Elaine, Kazz wil surfice or rattle daily....;)

Shelley123
20-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh dear Karen , no wonder you have been feeling off :(
Do you know when they are likely to operate.

Shelley123
20-02-2010, 09:18 PM
You do not have to call me God Elaine, Kazz wil surfice or rattle daily....;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like it

MrsH
20-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Kazz, I don't know what to say, you certainly have a lot to contend with at the moment. Lots of (((((hugs))))) from me.

How long before your next date with the consultant?

Kazz
20-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Oh dear Karen , no wonder you have been feeling off :(
Do you know when they are likely to operate.

Back in couple of weeks for another scan/ultra sound...whatever they decide...which will be early March that will be 1 month following hospital admission (fortnight today) to see what size it is then.

Kazz
20-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Kazz, I don't know what to say, you certainly have a lot to contend with at the moment. Lots of (((((hugs))))) from me.

How long before your next date with the consultant?
They appear to love collecting data.....:roll:

Sweet
20-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Thinking of you Kazz x x x

Julie x x x

Donna
20-02-2010, 10:14 PM
What a lot to deal with.. and what an amazing attitude.. you are one in a million Kazz... good luck with everything x

alexgirl73
20-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Not going to give you oodles of sympathy ('cause I know how you hate that sort of stuff ;) ), so just going to say, take care of yourself and tell these docs what's what! I'm sure you'll have them sorting you out in no time :) xxxxx

dandysmom
20-02-2010, 11:28 PM
That's a lot of stuff going on inside; it does sound as if you have a good team of doctors taking every precaution and keeping you aware. Not knowing is scarier than knowing. You probably know I'm sending prayers and healing vibes,,,XXX

calismum
20-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Wow - no wonder you have been feeling poorly. Sounds as if full hysterectomy will resolve a good percentage of the probs. Fingers crossed for you. Look after yourself and please try not to rattle after midnight or before 6am (need my beauty sleep) :)

pookyandjo
21-02-2010, 02:14 AM
good that they are thoroughly checking you out Kazz.. and if having a hysterectomy will sort out the problems then you should go for it.... ..take care of yourself xox

Moli
21-02-2010, 08:58 AM
So sorry to read this Kazz, I do admire you, you are always so cheerful.....Hope they can get it all sorted out for you soon.....

smudgley
21-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Take it easy. x

Mags
21-02-2010, 10:52 AM
You've always had a positive attitude which is an inspiration to others, Kazz....... this will help you through the weeks to come.

Your docs will sort you out fine ........... but poor B & Q, how will they manage without you? ;):D

Good luck with everything Kazz, take care..... xx

broox159
21-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Im sorry to read about all your health problems and how unwell you are feeling! Fingers and paws here crossed for a speedy recovery! x

yola
21-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes, a fibroid growing so quickly is understandably a worry. I have several mid-sized ones but they're just sitting there minding their own business!

Sounds like the hysterectomy is a good option in terms of getting rid of all the problematics in one go.

Keep taking the tablets . . . ;)

Kazz
21-02-2010, 01:47 PM
You've always had a positive attitude which is an inspiration to others, Kazz....... this will help you through the weeks to come.

Your docs will sort you out fine ........... but poor B & Q, how will they manage without you? ;):D

Good luck with everything Kazz, take care..... xx

They keep sending me cards, flowers, and when I was in hospital the nightcrew majority blokes 15 of them the weeked ones, Thursday - Monday...came and visited me in the hospital the end of their shift Monday morning...all 15 of them standing in the foyer of the hospital at 7am Simon rang me to let me know well he said come down to the foyer... there hey all were brought tears to my eyes I tell ya.

Totaly floored me. Had messages and texts through out.

Mags
21-02-2010, 02:35 PM
They keep sending me cards, flowers, and when I was in hospital the nightcrew majority blokes 15 of them the weeked ones, Thursday - Monday...came and visited me in the hospital the end of their shift Monday morning...all 15 of them standing in the foyer of the hospital at 7am Simon rang me to let me know well he said come down to the foyer... there hey all were brought tears to my eyes I tell ya.

Totaly floored me. Had messages and texts through out.
Just goes to show how much folks think of you ;)

Kazz
21-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to check I had not won the lottery and run away...;)

EmmaG
21-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Take care of yourself Kazz xxx

angieh
21-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Take care Kazz. Glad to hear that your work colleagues are keeping tabs on you.

Kizzy sends loads of comforting purrrrs to her Auntie Rattle!

dandysmom
21-02-2010, 05:04 PM
That's very touching about your workmates. A nice warm feeling knowing that they care ......

yola
21-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Lovely story about your colleagues; a tad reminiscent of the scene from Brassed Off when all the miners sing Danny Boy to the guy in hospital :D

It's so nice when people do something like that - makes you feel all warm and loved.

Kazz
21-02-2010, 11:37 PM
I am reasonably certain none of them can sing and they came bearing...a magaizine and a box of Thorntons really nice choccies I can't recall the name and a card....and looking scruffy.......:)

pookyandjo
22-02-2010, 01:17 AM
lol Kazz... that must have been a sight to see... good on them for getting in touch with the feminine side!

Jeanette
22-02-2010, 07:07 PM
That just s*cks:(

I'm sorry, Karen. This is just not fair.

I do love your attitude though;) You have always made me laugh or giggle, keep it up:D

Kazz
22-02-2010, 07:24 PM
J where the heck did you pop up from girl.....lovely to see you...how is everything and everyone 4 legged....?

Jeanette
22-02-2010, 07:33 PM
J where the heck did you pop up from girl.....lovely to see you...how is everything and everyone 4 legged....?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All is well, Oliver and Luna are thriving:D Oliver will be 14 at the end of march and Luna will be 7 a little week after that:shock:

I'm currently out of work, so enjoying my time at home with the gang:D

Kazz
22-02-2010, 07:43 PM
That just s*cks:(

I'm sorry, Karen. This is just not fair.

I do love your attitude though;) You have always made me laugh or giggle, keep it up:D

Oi less of that sort of talk.....I am redesigning myself into serious and sedate.....:smt047

Mags
22-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Oi less of that sort of talk.....I am redesigning myself into serious and sedate.....:smt047
That'll be the day! :roll:;)

Kazz
22-02-2010, 07:48 PM
That'll be the day! :roll:;)
What chance do I stand when opinions and views are totaly against me...call yourself friends....remove the R and we might be closer to the truth...FRIENDS

Mags
22-02-2010, 07:50 PM
[quote=Mags;593686]
What chance do I stand when opinions and views are totaly against me...call yourself friends....remove the R and we might be closer to the truth...FRIENDS
Gosh! you worked that one out quick! :lol::-D

Jeanette
22-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Mmm riiiiight....

dandysmom
22-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Suuuure you are ........:mrgreen:

Phoenix
22-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Just caught up with this thread and just wanted to say Dylan and I wish you a speedy recovery. Loads of comforting purrs coming your way Kazz.

Kazz
22-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Just caught up with this thread and just wanted to say Dylan and I wish you a speedy recovery. Loads of comforting purrs coming your way Kazz.

Thank you.

Moli
22-02-2010, 10:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Are you sure you a talking about yourself Kazz...:roll: :lol:

Kazz
22-02-2010, 10:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Are you sure you a talking about yourself Kazz...:roll: :lol:

Yes and I am a work in progress..... :smt016