PDA

View Full Version : Any one else had this?

Mistleto's-mum
16-02-2010, 11:37 PM
If this is in the wrong place then feel free to move it.

As some of you know we lost our chesty in January but i feel like i'm going mad, i keep seeing him at the bottom of the stairs, in the down stairs hallway, on the cat bed in the upstairs hallway.
Has anyone else had this, i'm not scared but i feel like i'm going mad :?

angieh
16-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I have to say that in my experience it's quite normal. I used to see Merlin just where I'd expect him to be. I think it's a part of the grieving process MM. I'm glad you're not scared, after all, he was your friend - and you're not going mad.

dandysmom
16-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I agree, part of the healing process. I swore I saw my Siamese one time after he had died ....... don't worry, please, you're OK!

Phoenix
17-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I used to see Beauty a lot after she was PTS, so please don't worry.

kado
17-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I am the same with Simon i can sometimes see him running up the path.

Moli
17-02-2010, 12:07 AM
I am the same, think I keep seeing and hearing Chancer....

Shelley123
17-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I think you're lucky if you see Chesty. I would love to see the pets we have lost again.
My Dad says he has seen one of their cats twice now.

Mistleto's-mum
17-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Its nice to know i'm not the only one.
I like the fact i see him but it hurts to if you understand what i mean.

xxxx

dandysmom
17-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Its nice to know i'm not the only one.
I like the fact i see him but it hurts to if you understand what i mean.

xxxx

Oh I do know what you mean, you want it to be back the way is was, and it will never be ...:(

Mistleto's-mum
17-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Oh yes, for my mum's sake more than mine as he was her little boy and went every where with her and she really is suffering xx

MadCatLady
17-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Me too!! After I lost Harvey Kitten to the road I kept seeing what I thought was him but tried to convince meself it was one of the others (after all 'all black cats look the same' don't they? ;) ) But sometimes when I know exactly where the others are i think i feel a kitty paddling on the pillow & licking me hair just like my Harv used to, so i look up & get a glimpse of black fur, I reach out to fuss and theres no one there! No jump to the floor thud, no grumpy faced mog sitting near by and several of the tribe looking at me like i is stoopud....:roll:

angieh
17-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I am very sorry that your mum is having such a hard time, MM. The Blue Cross run a bereavement service for people who have lost a loved pet. I don't have any personal experience of it, but here's the link (http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/AboutUs/PetBereavement/PBSSIntro.asp) if you think your mum might like to give it a try.

Mistleto's-mum
17-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I am very sorry that your mum is having such a hard time, MM. The Blue Cross run a bereavement service for people who have lost a loved pet. I don't have any personal experience of it, but here's the link (http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/AboutUs/PetBereavement/PBSSIntro.asp) if you think your mum might like to give it a try.

Thank you, i will show her when i see her later.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aquatic
17-02-2010, 01:13 PM
same here I keep seeing Lily running up the path towards me and I keep thinking I hear her crying to be let in. It's weird because I know she's gone but it kinda feels as if she's still here.

FayRose
17-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh goodness yes, they seem to leave an echo that stays for ages. :) I like to think they are comforting us.

We lost our dear old spaniel last September and I still find myself sensing him behind me in the kitchen - he was a shocker for standing right behind my legs in case I dropped something tasty.

Best wishes for your mum x

Mistleto's-mum
17-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh goodness yes, they seem to leave an echo that stays for ages. :) I like to think they are comforting us.

We lost our dear old spaniel last September and I still find myself sensing him behind me in the kitchen - he was a shocker for standing right behind my legs in case I dropped something tasty.

Best wishes for your mum x

In a way i do feel blessed but its just not the same :cry:

Thank you xx

Elaine
17-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I was the same when dear Winston left us and I expect it will be the same again with Eva having passed over.

It's comforting but upsetting too. xxx

angieh
17-02-2010, 08:17 PM
It is a blessing ......... or I think, an echo.

Kazz
17-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Have a look at this I posted almost 4 years ago

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=15081&highlight=ghosts

Kazz
17-02-2010, 08:41 PM
And yes sometimes I feel their presence around me. In the early hours of the morning, maybe because I forget they are not there.

Mistleto's-mum
17-02-2010, 08:43 PM
He must be very happy to come back home xx

Kazz
17-02-2010, 08:49 PM

He was a contented cat yes, you never knew him of course. It will be 4 years this Dec since he was PTS. His sister Cleo the following July.
I still don't know if he did I like to think he was still there with us but maybe an echo/shadow is the best way to describe the event.
And on occasion I wonder if they are both with me in the garden....nice thought nice thought.

Kazz
17-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Then of course there was this http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=26454&highlight=ghosts

Seems I am surrounded :roll:

Kay
18-02-2010, 03:22 PM
My Toby always 'comes back' to guide anyone over the bridge. I take comfort in that.

My older sister is also around me and always has been even though I never knew her. xx

James
19-02-2010, 05:30 AM
When I was a youngster my grandmother had a beautiful red tabby girl who just wandered into the house one day and never left - I mean this literally, for shortly after she died I was coming down the staircase in grandmother's house and there, half way down the stairs sat the little tabby. I almost fell down the rest of the stairs! I sat on one of the steps and yelled out to my mother and grandmother who were downstairs. When they appeared, in a shaky voice I told them what had happened. I expected them to tell me off for making up stories, but my mother said "she wanted to make sure you were behaving yourself just as she has always done". Grandmother smiled and said "Oh I know she's here, I see her quite often and it's a comfort. I know she's waiting for me". Grandmother died four years later and I like to think that that they are indeed reunited.

pookyandjo
19-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I often feel my Tinky Winky areound the house....and funnily enough Harry likes to sit in some of the exact places that Tinky sat... AND George likes to sit and stare at some of the places that Tinky used to like to sit.... plus he still wont hop up on my bed because that was Tinky's bed and he wasn't allowed up there (Tinky's rule not mine)
So yes... i certainly believe that it happens and you aren't going mad!

dandysmom
19-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I find these stories people are sharing are very comforting. Thank you all. I've lost so many beloved cats over the years, and only once had a fleeting glimpse ........

Kazz
19-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I've not seen my cats, only what people have told me......