PDA

View Full Version : Cats need your help. Please read !!!

slimmingforcats
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be doing a sponsored slim and am looking for your sponsorship to help a very worthy cause.

My target is to lose two stone in weight by Friday 23rd of July!

Please click on the link below, it is a registered charity and all the money will help look after and feed this poor little cats.

http://www.justgiving.com/andrea-wareing

Why am I doing it?
One of my colleagues, Susan Lewis, has just returned from a holiday to Fuerteventura. While there she found a very poorly cat which was suffering from cancer of the nose, her nose had in fact disappeared completely and she was left with a gaping hole. She was clearly suffering and in terrible pain.

To cut a long story short, Sue found out about a charity called Twinkle Trust Animal Aid. They are a small registered charity that is UK based, dedicated to helping feral or neglected cats abroad. Their primary role is to humanely manage the feral cat population through treatment and sterilisation. Sue spoke to Jenny, the founder of the charity who instantly came to the rescue. The very next day a volunteer arrived and took the poor cat to the vets where sadly she had to be put to sleep. Sue came across two other cats in need of minor treatment and this was arranged straight away.

The founder of the charity, Jenny Billimore set the charity up after a holiday to Fuerteventura when she was shocked to see the number of stray cats who were in a very poor way and on enquiring even more shocked to understand how the local people dealt with the growing cat situation.

Since 1995 Twinkle has travelled to Fuerteventura twice a year to carry out neutering campaigns. The dedicated team of cat catchers travel all over the island working up to sixteen hours a day, thus ensuring they help in as many locations as possible.

All of the staff are volunteers and as such are unpaid but they do what they do because they have a respect and love for animals and know that they can make a big difference to every cat they can reach.

Please will you sponsor me and help this very worthy cause?

Please dig deep and donate now.

angieh
12-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello! Thanks for bringing this worthy charity to my attention. I wish you all the best for losing that weight. I hope that you will be following a healthy plan. I shall certainly consider sponsoring you.