PDA

View Full Version : One of the kittens has died

lizziejayne66
12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
so sad, the runt of the litter sadly didnt make it. she was alive at 430am she wouldnt take the cimcat only had half a ml i found her under mum dead, she was only 86g half the size of the others
i think mumsmilk come in vet says as its been over 48hrs its safe to give to mum
i weighed them and the others are now 129g 114 117 and 98g
they seem to be feeding i l keepan eye on them
im taking them for a check up later
vet told me to bring in dead kitten too. i dnt know what killed it, no sign of diesease at all

angieh
12-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I am sorry for the little one lizziejayne. Nature has a way of taking the weakest quickly. RIP little baby.

lizziejayne66
12-02-2010, 02:26 PM
i feel a failure idid my best but she still died

Shelley123
12-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm so sad for you, poor little baby . You mustn't feel guilty, you are doing your very best, hope all goes well at the vets and that Mum has some Milk now.

dandysmom
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Don't feel guilty, please, you did all you could; the little one may have had underlying problems; the vet can tell when he does the necropsy. I hope the others continue to do well and that mum has enough milk.

lizziejayne66
13-02-2010, 10:30 AM
vet wasnt sure what was wrong with the dead one it was perfectly formed no sign of diesease no cleft palate just small

Elaine
13-02-2010, 10:44 AM
So sorry one of the kittens died, sometimes it's survival of the fittest and just wasnt meant to be, dont beat yourself up, I'm sure you did all you could as all of us would. xxx
I hope the others begin to thrive and mum gets well soon xxx

Elaine
13-02-2010, 11:12 AM
http://www.fabcats.org/breeders/infosheets/kitten_health/fading_kittens.html

This may help you understand and perhaps come to terms with what has happened. xxx

James
13-02-2010, 11:44 PM
So sorry to hear that one of the babies died. This is a sad fact of the process of reproduction and birth of all species.

In some cases the death may be due to neglect by the mother or those looking after her, but in your case, I do not feel you can attach any blame to yourself.

If there were no easily observed outward signs (the kitten not suckling, low temperature or showing signs of distress) then the cause may be congenital e.g. incomplete development of the vital organs such as the lungs). This is why the vet wishes to examine the deceased kitten.

lizziejayne66
14-02-2010, 09:48 AM
the kitten was been fed and perfectly formed. it was taken to the vet who did know ther reason why it happened was low birth weight