PDA

View Full Version : New Pussy Cat

3398rachel
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone, I have been posting for a few days about getting a new cat, and guess what? I got one.

She is a tortoise shell and is supposed to be only 4 months old, but she is really big. The owners have had her since she was a baby but they have recently got a parrot and the cat wants to eat the bird!!! Surprise suprise.

My Ozzy is about 4-5 months old and looks really tiny at the side of her.

At the moment they are ignoring each other and if they have to pass each other hiss and growl (neva heard a cat growl before!).

They both havnt eaten anything this morning, just hoping they become good friends.

The new cat has already been outside by herself (at the old home) so keeps wanting to get outside, so quite a task keeping her in.

Going to see the vet at the weekend to have them both 'done' , so that we don't have any babies.

Any advice on getting them to be the bestest of friends wud be great.:D

Shelley123
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Congratulations on your new baby , i'm sure everything will work out, it's probably just a matter of time. I can't realy remember how i introduced my cats to each other but in the past i have had 4 cats and they have always settled down. I'm sure other members will have lots of tips.

angieh
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi Rachel ------- that was quick and I hope will be a very happy new arrival before long.

The easiest way is scent exchange - get a cloth and gently rub one cat with it and then the other so they get used to each other's smell. Try that first. Your new arrival needs to be kept in until she is confidently settled in her new home to avoid her going out and not knowing where she is. Cats Protection recommend 6 weeks!

Good luck - please let us know how things go and photos would be lovely!

Stephan
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Any advice on getting them to be the bestest of friends wud be great.

We are just humans,what do we know?? all we can do is to provide a fair and loving home-then it`s up to them.

Most cats become friends,a few live in the same space but never really hug and only a very very few spend time wasting it when they could be asleep in a lap or the sunshine

Shelley123
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
How about some pics Rachel ?