PDA

View Full Version : Crazy cat

3398rachel
08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi there, my kitten Ozzy is now about 4-5 months old and is desperate to go outside, keeps trying to follow his doggy friend out into the garden. Its a mad dash as soon as he sees the door open!!

Has anyone any ideas to help keep him amused. He runs around the house like a loony, knocking things over and my new leather sofa is getting full of scratches where he is jumping on and off it when he has one of his crazy sessions.

He has a scratching pole and lots of toys, he just seems to like to run and jump. Its like having a mini racehorse in the house!!!!:)

Mags
08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
How about getting him a cat tree with different levels where he can climb and investigate to his heart's content:)

3398rachel
08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Thats a good idea, will look into it. Space is an issue as well tho. He's already taking over living room with all his things!!!!

angieh
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
What about a little chum? A kitten on his own will get up to all sorts of mischief ...... two may seem twice the risks, but they do keep each other company.

3398rachel
08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Don't think hubby wud let me. Sounds a good idea to me tho. Its just the expense of all the vaccinations and neutering when you first get them. Got me thinking tho

angieh
08-02-2010, 05:50 PM
What about going to your local rescue???? They usually re-home cats/kittens already vaccinated and neutered.

3398rachel
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Again it is the initial outlay of paying for a kitten from a rescue. How much would it cost, would have to be a kitten cos I have a little dog who is fine with kittens don't know how she would react with a adult cat. Im also a childminder and rescues don't always let me adopt as I have little ones around.

kado
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I would get ozzy a little playmate if you can. I know what you mean about the settee as well. We are on our third one now. But i dont care its there home just as much as ours. Its fun when all the kittens run around at the same time you just have to duck.