PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!!!

Tink
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
So I am sitting here drinking my coffee, browsing the news, listening to music and singing along..my normal morning routine...prob been here ..oh, bout two hours just chillin out and letting my brain wake up.
well all of a sudden this persisent meowing starts. i see Hestia out of the corner of my eye and i'm in the middle of an online transaction and i'm like "kittymuffin (her nickname), what is it with you??" and i figure she prob needs her food bowl refilled or something or wants to be pet so i finish up what i'm doing. then i finally turn to her and see she has something dark in her mouth. i don't recognize that toy so i go over and pet her and she drops it at my feet and it is a real live dead sparrow:shock:
so i praise her so as not to hurt her feelings for her generous offering but now i'm thinking okay what the hell do we have a nest inside the house or something, how did she find this being an indoor only cat?
Well I walk to the front door to throw the bird corpse (wrapped discreetly in an old sock) in the trash outside and see the front door WIDE OPEN plain as day...i had the let the dogs out earlier when i woke up in the backyard and then k went to the bank and came home to get his lunch before heading off to work. so i guess he must have not closed the door all the way?
And then there is my Kuan Yin, the Princess Mau, out on the driveway socializing with the neighbor cat!!!:shock: My jaw just dropped and she hurried inside like she was embarassed that I'd seen her.
So both cats are inside now and I'm thinking that was a close one and my goodness I'm just rocking out to my music buying things on the internet and these two indoor only cats are just meandering around.
Well I look out onto the driveway afterwards and now there are several cats on the driveway like "Uhm, can they come outside and play?"
I can't believe it, I'm in shock:lol:

Elaine
03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, that made me chuckle.

Tink
03-02-2010, 09:37 PM
the embarassing part is i was singing pretty loudly, wonder if my neighbors could hear :lol:

calismum
03-02-2010, 10:16 PM
the embarassing part is i was singing pretty loudly, wonder if my neighbors could hear :lol:

lol.....or is that why a cats chorus assembled on your drive! :lol:

Seriously - what a fright you must have got. No harm done so all ok.

calismum
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
duplicate - .................

Shelley123
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm glad everything turned out ok. Your post gave me a giggle to the way you described it

dandysmom
03-02-2010, 10:37 PM
It was scary, but so funny the way you described it! Glad all's well now.

Tink
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
What gets me is how on earth did Hestia catch that bird? Her previous owners declawed her, she's supposedly always been an indoors kitty, and I've never so much as seen her carry a mouse toy in her mouth. Now she has a real bird in her mouth? It was fresh too, had to make sure it wasn't breathing still.
The neighbor cats on our driveway are strictly outdoors only, I've mistaken one of them for a stray before. What if one of them brought a dead bird as a peace offering? LOL..that'd be weird but Kuan Yin doesn't usually like other cats in her yard so it might explain why she was being social?
I don't know but K is getting an earful when he gets home tonight! :lol:
Ah well, thank goodness it turned out alright :D

pookyandjo
04-02-2010, 03:48 AM
both mine being indoor only i would freak as well!.. good thing it all worked out well in the end...

angieh
04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Made me chuckle too Tink. Glad no harm done ....... strange about the bird though. Maybe Cat Santa was late this year?

dandysmom
04-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Tink, the instinct is there; declawed or not. Hestia could have grabbed it with her paws and did the nape bite. Leia was born in an apartment, never been out, and has turned in to an excellent mouser when they come in.