PDA

View Full Version : Collars which one?

Lotsforus
02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
My cat has a cat flap so comes and goes as she pleases.
The problem I have is finding a collar that doesn't fall off but one that she isn't going to kill herself on she likes to climb trees. Just latley she has been bringing in birds most of the time I get to them as she enters with them and pu them on the shed roof and they fly off again but some she does kill. I hate it. I have bought loads of collars but she goes out with it and a hour later its off somewhere.

Can anyone recoment a good collar that i can attach a bell to.

MrsH
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I gave up on collars some time ago, they were always getting lost! I tried the elasticated ones and the ones with the break open plastic clasp. I reckoned that the collars must have got caught somewhere for them to have come off and the cats were probably a bit stressed, being hooked up on something like that. Many years ago we had a cat that didn't lose its collar, but having a bell on it didn't stop her from catching birds!

dandysmom
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
A clever cat can learn to stalk stealthily enough that the bell doesn't jingle.

cats' staff
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
A clever cat can learn to stalk stealthily enough that the bell doesn't jingle.

Please don't tell Smudge that!

angieh
02-02-2010, 06:07 PM
If your cat has a cat flap magnet, that will stick to the bell and stop it jingling anyway! Pip went from silent (without anything) to tinkerbell and back to stealth mode!

I am going to have to invest in a microchip cat flap so he tinkerbells again! Poor lad.

Lotsforus
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
There doesn't seem to be much hope then. I don't have a magnetic cat flap so should be okay. Maybe I could spray her bright pink and get her a piercing and hang the bell from that.

John
03-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I dont like collars always worred the cat will get stuck/hungup with one..I dont like bells either..if it is trying to hide from a fox which we have around here. the bell is a good give away..also it must be so annoying that every time you move that little bell goes ??????