PDA

View Full Version : Please some ideas needed!

2cats42
01-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi to all, I have just joined this fantastic website!
My cat gypsy looks like she is ready to give birth soon to her first (and last) litter!!! As I am new to all this, any suggestions on what's the best thing to keep her and kittens in whilst nursing!!!

HappyKatz
01-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Hello :smt039 Welcome to Catsey! Hope you enjoy it here :-D

Sorry I thought this was an introduction thread at first!

I have experience with kitten birth, what do you need to know exactly?
You said how to keep her and her kittens in while nursing, indoors or in a certain area?

kado
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
My maisey had her kittens in my daughter brand new dolls pram base. I would get a few carboard boxes with a side cut out put some blankets down, something she is used too. Put them somewhere dark but she will choose where she wants too do. How far is she along

HappyKatz
03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
For Gypsy, Set up a small area with a cardboard box with bigger holes cut in it, some old blankets or fabric, anything warm & comfortable for the new kittens & their mother.

The kittens will stay with their mother now as they nurse. Make sure all the kittens are getting milk because a kitten can fade quickly without nutrition. We found that out the hard way, we ended up having to hand feed a kitten...

As the kittens grow, their curiousity will grow.
Once the kittens learn to walk, they will want to go go go!

We set up an nice area surrounded by cardboard walls for when our kittens grew older. Good thing we did, because those little kittens tried to get into everything. They can fit through the smallest holes/openings. You will have to kitten proof your house.

There is a lot to do with those kittens...litter training, socialization, etc...
Anything can happen so just keep watch...:cat27

Good luck to Gypsy!! :p Hope her delivery went well!