PDA

View Full Version : If you've been wondering ....

PoshPuss
31-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Where I've been ( or not ;) ) just to let you know I haven't forgotten you.

On Jan 15th I had the shocking discovery of my better half, Ceri, on the kitchen floor, face down, but thankfully able to stand up after me shouting at him and bringing him round. He had right-sided weakness and was very confused.A 999 ambulance was called and the rest of the day was spent in A&E and the medical assessment unit; CT scan, bloodtests, lumbar punctures, MRI scans followed. We finally discovered he's had a very rare stroke affecting his thalamus and parietal lobe. Physically ok, he's still very confused and has no short term memory to speak of, calls me by different names and has very little recall of memories of our life together.

I've taken photos and other things to help,ie, music and books but he's non-plussed by it all. It's very distressing for him and me and the family. :( Although he's now on a rehab ward for cognitive therapy, he doesn't understand why he needs to be in hospital.

My life is so mixed up at the moment, and hectic,please forgive me if I don't post much but keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I have faith in the power of love and hope that will see us through this awful time.

Posh is missing her Dad's lap and getting a bit of spoiling from me. She's lost her big furry pal Bron on Dec 29th and now this, poor lamb! She hates it when I'm gone visiting, thinks she's been abandoned!:roll:

I'll try and pop on Catsey when I can but my time is limited now. God Bless you all.xxx
Annette/ Poshpuss.

Elaine
31-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I am terribly sorry to hear this, must be very distreessing indeed. My thoughts and best wishes are with you all xxx

alexgirl73
31-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh my word!!!
I am so sorry to hear of all that has happened to you over the last few weeks :( I am sending you some ((hugs)) and will be keeping you and Ceri in my thoughts and prayers xx

Tink
31-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Best wishes to you and hugs.

smudgley
31-01-2010, 11:41 AM
What a terrible thing for you to go through, wishing you all the very best, try & be strong & things will be ok I'm sure. Take care & thanks for taking the time to post on Catsey . Thinking of you. x

angieh
31-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about Ceri, PP. My best wishes to you both. I do hope that things improve. Please give Posh a cuddle from me.

pinklizzy
31-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh Annette! I'm so sorry you've all been going through such a rough time of it recently. Thinking of you and sending lots of virtual hugs xxx

Kazz
31-01-2010, 01:01 PM
What a terrible shock. Strokes are terrible things, I hope his confusion passes. Take care of yourself Karen

Mags
31-01-2010, 02:15 PM
So sorry to hear this PP, what a terrible shock for you :(

My thoughts are with you both and healing wishes to Ceri for a complete recovery...xx

Moli
31-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Thoughts and hugs with you...xx

MrsH
31-01-2010, 04:32 PM
So sorry to hear of what's been happening to you! Here's hoping for a complete recovery soon for Ceri.

dandysmom
31-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh how awful, best wishes that Ceri will improve in rehab; what a dreadful thing to happen. Thinking of you (((hugs)))

farthing
31-01-2010, 11:20 PM
best wishes to you all.

calismum
31-01-2010, 11:56 PM
How awful for you both. My thoughts are with you. (((hugs)))