PDA

View Full Version : Fame for travelling cat

Mags
28-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Casper, who loved travelling by bus, sadly died this month after a road accident.

He was so popular with the local community that a book will be written about his travels with the proceeds going to animal charities.

What a lovely idea this is:)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8484931.stm

Moli
28-01-2010, 11:56 PM
That is a lovely idea, he will live on in the book...:)

Elaine
29-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Poor Caspurr, it was ineviatble (sp) that traffic would be his demise but he did love an adventure.

angieh
29-01-2010, 01:23 PM
What a touching story. Let's hope the bus company doesn't want a slice of the profits to pay Casper's bus fares!

James
07-02-2010, 02:40 AM
I heard about the tributes paid to Casper via a television programme, the presenter of which thought it ridiculous that the story of Casper's travels was so popular and that so many people responded to news of his death.

It is sad that some people in our society can never resist sniping at those with do not share their grey, narrow view of life. Speaking as someone who has often encountered the very depths that humans can sink to (I worked as a doctor with abused children before I went into research), stories like that of Casper and the interest shown are like bright lights in a dark world. May Casper's soul rest in peace.