PDA

View Full Version : Healing Vibes needed for Eva...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Moli
25-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Eva has been a bit off colour the past couple of days, Lainey got her to the vets this morning, she has had tests and has a bile duct infection:( ...really very poorly little girl, she has a blockage, they have put her on strong Ab's and some other medication and are hoping the blockage will move in the next few days...Please send her loads of healing vibes..she is going to need them....
Lainey will be on when she feels up to it.....But sure she could do with some virtual hugs too.....

angieh
25-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Loads of positive healing vibes for poor Eva and fingers crossed too Moli. Please pass on virtual hugs to Elaine from me and purrrs and head rubs from Kizzy and Pip.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Leesy
25-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh no:shock: , poor Eva and of course poor Lainey:cry: .
I am so sorry to hear that Eva is so unwell and of course I am going to be sending her lots of ((HEALING VIBES)) to get well soon, fingers crossed the blokage will clear by it`s self, have they said where the blokage is:?

Please Lainey try not to worry, I know it is hard as I was worried to bits when Maisy had that furball blokage in her intestine and had to have it removed:roll: :cry: , but she is all better now and is back to being her cheeky self, so it won`t be long before Eva is too.
Lots of ((HUGS)) being sent your way, and let us know how things are going Pauline & M&Mxx.

Shelley123
25-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Hope Eva is feeling much better soon

John
25-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Hope Eve is on the mend..it is such a worry when they are ill. john

Kay
25-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Poor Eva. Hugs from all at Tilsie. Thinking of you Elaine. xx

Donna
25-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Get well soon Eva xxx

dandysmom
25-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Oh poor Eva, loads of healing vibes coming and a gentle hug; Elaine must be so distressed, Eva is her baby.

Mags
25-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Hope Eva feels better soon...

Kazz
25-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Hope she is well soon Elaine, its scary when they are not well isn't it.All the best mate,

Elaine
25-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Thankyou all for your well wishes.
Eva is back home with me now and I have managed to get her to eat 3 prawns, not much but a little is better than nothing at all. Will try her again in a wee while.
She has Triaditis and is very jaundiced. I would have got her to the vets alot sooner if I'd seen the jaundice, but many of you know Eva isnt the easiest cat to handle and check over. Her bileduct has a blockage and is infected which in turn has inflamed her liver, hence the jaundice. We are hopeful that the heavy duty anti biotics, anti inflamatories and Desloit tablets will help but we have to get her eating again.
Her bloods showed no ill effects to her imune, her kidneys are good, infact everything else is good, it's just the bileduct and liver.
My vet now thinks that Eva, after her many bouts of unpset tummies, is actually suffering from pancreatitis and IBD which would have a direct bearing on whats happening now.
If we can get through this, it may re-ocurr or it may not but atleast we will know what to look for and get her seen to asap.
It's hard to believe that this happening to my princess as it was only Thursday she went out and caught us two mice.
The next two days are critical so please wish her well, she is only a youngster at 5 and half years old.

Shelley123
25-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Glad Eva is back home with you and has eaten a little, it will help her medication to work. I hope she's feeling much better soon

smudgley
25-01-2010, 08:11 PM
oh no, sorry Eva is poorly, but glad she is home. 3 prawns is better than no prawns ;)

Phoenix
25-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear Eva is so poorly :(

Dylan and I are sending plenty of get well quickly vibes :(

(Going to look up on the internet about Triaditis now :oops: )

Elaine
25-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Getting a better understanding of this now after some reading, as I do.
Triaditis or 3 strikes in one hit. Pancreatitis, IBD and Cholangiohepatitis. Thats what's happening to my poor girl.
Apparently a major contribution to this condition is dry kibble.
If can get her through this, it's recomended that I feed either raw or canned foods and NO kibble.

She has eaten a few more prawns, bless her heart. I hope she continues to eat from here on.
I really thought she was a gonner this morning.
8 years ago I lost Woody to Hepatic Lipidosis and I was almost sure this was what was going to happen to Eva, especially as her weight has been a constant battle.
My vet said though, that Triaditis is a relatively new breakthrough and vets are learning more and more about the cats unique hepatic function. 10 years ago, she would have been diagnosed with HL and we would have lost her.

Through my understanding of CRF and now this, I am fast becoming very anti Kibble.

Elaine
25-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear Eva is so poorly :(

Dylan and I are sending plenty of get well quickly vibes :(

(Going to look up on the internet about Triaditis now :oops: )

I can post a few links.

http://www.harpsie.com/pancreatitis.htm

http://fnes.org/diet-and-disease/feline-triaditis-three-strikes-at-once

Phoenix
25-01-2010, 08:40 PM
I found this link as well Elaine http://www.fnes.org/diet-and-disease/feline-triaditis-three-strikes-at-once

(not sure I understand some of it though, still reading it :oops: )

More links:
http://justforcatsvet.com/site/view/169215_TriaditisintheCat.pml;jsessionid=474l7t293y p

http://174.132.128.216/ws_repository/articles/cats-articles/feline-pancreatitis-and-triaditis/

dandysmom
25-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for those links, both. Thank God she's eating as little now and that vet medicine has advanced in recent years. Elaine, I know you'll keep us posted, you know we all care for Eva and were sorry to hear this. (((hugs)))

Elaine
25-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I know, thankyou Eileen and thankyou all soo much for all your healing vibes, keep them coming please.

angieh
25-01-2010, 09:54 PM
All possible good strong get better vibes coming from me. Glad she is home and has had those prawns.

What are vets doing recommending feeding dry???????

Liz
25-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Hope Miss Eva continues to eat little and often and her Mother remembers to breathe

We have all 191 paws crossed here at teh Clan for Eva - she is a very speical little lady - she is the first cat I met in Aberdeenshire and she so generously allowed her Mummy to adopt Bernie and thats how I met Elaine and her wonderful fur kids

Mags
25-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I glad Eva is home and hope she continues to improve, Elaine.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the same as Cassie had 5 years ago :? She had tri-pancreatitis, was extremely ill and had to be hospitalised for 5 days. She didn't eat for days and didn't used her litter tray. She was on a drip for 4 days. She came home with appetite enhancer tablets as well as other medications to try to get her eating again and then was only allowed small amounts of food at a time. She was jaundiced too.

I really hope it isn't this, it is so worrying.

Elaine
25-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I glad Eva is home and hope she continues to improve, Elaine.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the same as Cassie had 5 years ago :? She had tri-pancreatitis, was extremely ill and had to be hospitalised for 5 days. She didn't eat for days and didn't used her litter tray. She was on a drip for 4 days. She came home with appetite enhancer tablets as well as other medications to try to get her eating again and then was only allowed small amounts of food at a time. She was jaundiced too.

I really hope it isn't this, it is so worrying.

Sounds very similar Mags. One of the main reasons for her being home is because she just gets too stressed and distressed at the vets. He wouldnt have been able to get an IV line into her but as she isnt dehydrated, he felt she would be better home with me and feels sure that, fingers crossed, the AB's etc will help and maybe because I was quick to spot the signs of renal/hepatic problems before she became dehydrated has helped.
Andrew was more worried that she was going to be diabetic as treating her would be problematic.

How has Cassie been since this episode? Does she have any special dietary needs at all?

Mags
25-01-2010, 10:52 PM
She is fine now, but she is on wet food with the occasional biscuit treat.

The vet did say that once a cat has had this illness, they can get it again ........ thankfully though, Cassie has had no reaction since.

I sincerely wish Eva well, don't worry if she's not eating too much at the moment Elaine.......... work on the little and often as her tummy will be sore.

Kazz
25-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I became anti dried food on for a regular feeding basis when Oz, Winston and Cleo were diagnosed and just double confirms my conviction. Cats are not meant to eat dried food they are ment to eat wet food (with a little added liquid) or their system kicks back in many guises.....I hope she will be okay Elaine....

Elaine
25-01-2010, 11:01 PM
She is fine now, but she is on wet food with the occasional biscuit treat.

The vet did say that once a cat has had this illness, they can get it again ........ thankfully though, Cassie has had no reaction since.

I sincerely wish Eva well, don't worry if she's not eating too much at the moment Elaine.......... work on the little and often as her tummy will be sore.

Thanx Mags. The vet did say that if we get her through this, this time that it may happen again, but atleast we will know the signs imediately, I hope... Not that I hope this to happen again but if it does....

I became anti dried food on for a regular feeding basis when Oz, Winston and Cleo were diagnosed and just double confirms my conviction. Cats are not meant to eat dried food they are ment to eat wet food (liquid) or their syatems kicks back in many guises.....I hope she will be okay Elaine....

Mine too Kazz. I am feeling a bit more possitive about the outcome for now but we will have to wait and see really.
Now I have been thinking back to all the times she had an upset tummy, the fact she goes mental at the vets when they tried to feel her tummy etc, soooo many things now falling into place and I wish I had pushed for more to be done at the time. Isnt that always the way though...
Our cats teach us so much, if only we'd listen.

farthing
25-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear this Elaine, it can make cats very poorly.
I hope she starts to improve and eat a bit more.
Candy has IBD, not severly I don't think, but she is also a bit of a madam and a nightmare at the vets. We used to give them all tesco's premium, but after taking time to think about the cat's diet, we have changed everybody onto Hi-life ( with the exception of the renal cats) and she is doing very well. She has put on weight and is seldom sick anymore. I have never been convinced about dry food for cats, although I feed it to the dogs:? , but they do have water added, I wonder dry food makes any difference to dogs?

dandysmom
25-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I've never been big on dry food, and am less so after reading all this. Hope Eva keeps eating little and often and feels a bit beter.

alexgirl73
25-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Major healing vibes and ((hugs)) coming from this end also. Keep strong Elaine, The Diva is not one to give up easily xx

cats' staff
25-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Lots of hugs and vibes from me and my lot.

Elaine
26-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Once again, thankyou all for your well wishes.

Eva is very quiet, which is not her at all, she seems to have lost her purr but on the up side, she has eaten a small bowl of wet food with a few prawns mixed through. I also added some extra water as I havent seen her drink yet. I have also managed to get half of her tablet down too.

Mags
26-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Healing vibes being sent to Eva, keep your chin up Elaine (((hugs)))

yola
26-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Lots of "get well soon" wishes coming up to Eva.

Leesy
26-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Sending Eva (( MEGA, MEGA )) get well vibes and lots of (( HUGS )) and chin rubs.
Glad to hear that she has eaten something yesterday, how is she today and has she eaten anything else?
Get well soon Eva:D

pinklizzy
26-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I hope Eva starts to feel better very soon Elaine.
We have had a few cats diagnosed with this recently and all have made a good recovery.:bighug:

Elaine
26-01-2010, 04:25 PM
All I can get into her is a few prawns here and there, have also put out some cat milk for her. Am about to poach some haddock to see if that will encourage her a bit more. She has had a wee in the litter box and am begining to wonder if she is dehydrated after all as it was kinda sticky rather than clumped. I always remember Winstons being like that when he was dehydrated.
Spoke to the vet at lunchtime, she will probably go back in tomorrow for some more shots if she doesnt perk up a bit more.
Also e-mailed, who I consider to be a good and very helpful friend via internet and extremely knowledgable on these things, she helped educate me on CRF alot. Anyway her reply was a little alarming, I am sure she doesnt want to frighten me, just get the facts across which is why I like her so much. Am going to give her a call later to discuss it all with her.
Eva is not out of the woods yet but fingers crossed she will be soon. xxx

angieh
26-01-2010, 04:40 PM
((((HUGS)))) for the both of you, gentle one for Eva and a big bear hug for you Elaine.

dandysmom
26-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Vibes still coming for dear Eva; hope she improves thru the day. It's good that you have a knowledgable friend, it's always better to have the facts. (((hugs)))

Elaine
26-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Right, wish me luck, I am going to atempt to assist feed her to tryand get some calories back in her. Enough of this fanying around Eva, you will get better even if I have to lose a few fingers n the process.;)

dandysmom
26-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Good luck! Let us know ....

EmmaG
26-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I hope she feels better soon Elaine xxxx

Elaine
26-01-2010, 07:26 PM
She didnt go for the assist feeding, she has had a few more prawns but my fear is she isnt eating enough to turn this around. Will take her in to the vets tomorrow for her AB's and will ask for apetite stimulants and an ant acid too.

Moli
26-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Lainey is back at the vets with Eva....:(

dandysmom
26-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Oh dear. Thanks for letting us know, Moli ........

candyshandy
26-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Really sorry to hear Eva is poorly :(

alexgirl73
26-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Please keep us informed Pat, everything crossed for Eva xx

random
26-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh no poor Eva, thinking of you Elaine. x

Elaine
26-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanx Pat.

Just this minute back. I have never in my life heard Eva scream the way she screamed tonight at the vets. She is extremely tender around the area where her pancreas is and almost had both the vets and mines hands off. My poor girl is really poorly. She has had another steriod shot and I have some pepcid to try and get down her now also.

I am beside myself with worry for her.:cry:

Phoenix
26-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh no plenty of healing vibes for poor Eva :(

dandysmom
26-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Prayers coming. Elaine; so sorry....

Elaine
26-01-2010, 10:51 PM
It's just breaking my heart to see her like this. Trying to stay strong for her coz she doesnt need me blubbing all over the place.

Leesy
26-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Eva is still so poorly and in such a lot of pain, I do hope that things will improve for her soon, with you looking after her the way you are doing I am sure that she will, she sure is lucky having you looking out for her.
So hold on in there and be strong for Eva and yourself, you are doing a great job and we are all there for you both.

Please give Eva a gentle cuddle from me and lots of healing vibes are being sent her way, and not forgetting a (BIG) cuddle for yourself xx.

Moli
26-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Stay strong Lainey, I know it easy to say, but you need to be positive for Eva...

angieh
27-01-2010, 12:10 AM
So sorry to hear the latest news. ((((HUGS)))) Thinking of you both - hang on in there.

Elaine
27-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I was up and down most of the night trying to encourage Eva to eat with no success. Finally fell asleep cuddling her. Woke up at 6 am and could hear her lapping at a bowl of tuna I had left out and some water with lectade, didnt dare move or breath incase she got distracted. She hadnt eaten it all but had had a good go at it. I have just finnished hand feeding her some prawns, a few more than she would take before. Have also managed to get a quarter of a pepcid down her to help with the nausea. We are back at the vets this afternoon and will just have to wait and see what the day brings really. Hopefully she will eat more through out the day and enough to start to turn this around.

alexgirl73
27-01-2010, 09:04 AM
That's encouraging news Elaine. I will keep everything crossed that she is beginning to pick up xx

Elaine
27-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanx Alex, I am really hoping and praying that we can turn this around, just want my old Eva back.

Donna
27-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I am hoping Eva gets over this soon x

Tink
27-01-2010, 11:17 AM
just catching up with this, i'm crossing paws and sending good wishes your way for both of you. please take care *HUGS*

Phoenix
27-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Hope Eva gets over this soon elaine :(

Mags
27-01-2010, 01:06 PM
That's sounding promising Elaine, hope she starts to improve now...

angieh
27-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Definitely a good sign Elaine. Everything crossed here for her.

Elaine
27-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Just a quick update as I have more dogs to go and walk. Just popped home to see how she was doing and caught her eating out of one of the bowls of food I had left out. I had left 2 bowls of food for her, one mushed and watered cat food, the other mushed and watered fish, both had an extra helping of prawns. The one with cat food, the prawns are all gone and alot of the moisture too, the other bowl is the one she was busy eating on my arrival home and pretty much cleared it.
She is still very very jaundiced, not sure how quickly that should improve, I guess it all depends on how quickly the liver begins to function normally again.
Have made up some more small portions of food for her. Hopefully she will eat a wee bit more before seeing the vet again this afternoon, feeling very happy right now that she is eating but worried that as soon as the steriod wears off the eating will stop again.
Anyway gotta go give her some fuss before getting off to walk dogs.

angieh
27-01-2010, 01:50 PM
But it's a very good sign, a hopeful sign Elaine. Hope all goes well at the vet. Poor darling, just hope she's not in so much pain.

Leesy
27-01-2010, 02:16 PM
What great news Elaine that she has started to eat again:D , you must be so relieved as that is a very encouraging sign to see.
Hope that this improvement continues and that the news is good at the vets.
Good luck Pauline & M&Mxx.

Elaine
27-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok, just back again, had a call from the vet while walking dogs and discussed all the thing I am happy with and what concerns me. He agrees with me that she is possibly dehydrated, he said possibly I said definately, but hey it's not like me to argue with my vets;) . He also shares my same concern about her eating dropping when the steroid wears off.
SO. We have cancelled her appointment for this afternoon as we dont want stress to play another big part in all this and I am going to pop into the vets and pick up some lectade and steroids.
On a more possitive note, I have managed to now get some soaked shicken down her, just a little but it's a start and a change from the prawns.
Gotta go again but will keep you posted.

Leesy
27-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a good plan and I hope it works:D

angieh
27-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Good to keep her stress levels down ...... and good news about the chicken. Please tell Eva and I'm rooting for her, as are Kizzy and Pip and OH too.

Lots of :bighug:

Shelley123
27-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm pleased that Eva is starting to eat again, it absolutely consumes you with worry when their ill. Hopefully she has turned a corner Elaine

yola
27-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry my written support is sporadic but I'm thinking of you all and wishing that Eva gets fully well soon

Moli
27-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Everything crossed she continues to eat....

dandysmom
27-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks, Moli; have been so worried about her ......

Elaine
27-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi every one, not much to update at the minute, Eva is back under the bed but in her usual spot rather than in hiding, so not too worried at the minute.
Rayne is off to Aunty Helens for the night, she'll love that coz there are dogs there for her to nip, one of them being her own mum;) , so that I can spend as much time with Eva tonight as I can.
Just got a phone call to make and get some dinner, then I plan to sit in the bedroom and watch telly with Eva. Will have all her supplies around me, meds, food and treats, to try to tempt her a bit more.
She hasnt toileted since early morning which was only a wee but then again she wouldnt have had much in her system to pass.
Have a good evening every one and I will update when and if there is any change.
Thankyou all for your continued support and well wishes, keep 'em coming please. xxx

angieh
27-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Eva couldn't have a better nurse Elaine. Hope you manage to tempt her a little more. Positive healing vibes still heading your way via the wish post.

alexgirl73
27-01-2010, 08:16 PM
very encouraging news Elaine :) Keep it up Eva xx

pinklizzy
27-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm glad she's eating again Elaine, it's a really good sign. Hugs to you all Lxx

random
27-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Glad to hear she is eating Elaine, hope she continues to improve and feels better soon. x

Liz
27-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Glad she is eating something and hope you remember to eat to!

On a side note - hope you are remembering to feed Bernie or I will have to catnap him!

Shelley123
27-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the update Elaine, may Eva continue to improve

Phoenix
27-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Glad Eva's started eating again Elaine :D

dandysmom
27-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Relieved at the news; good healing vibes still coming; you take care of yourself too, Eva needs you. (((hugs)))

EmmaG
27-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Good to hear that she is eating something Elaine, keep up the good work!!!

James
27-01-2010, 09:22 PM
As usual I am late in getting up to date :) Nevertheless I too send all the healing vibes to Eva that I can - from the response to your news, the power of so many loving hugs is, I am sure, helping you too, so if you don't mind hugs from a strange man .. ((())) :)

James

dandysmom
27-01-2010, 09:25 PM
We're friends here, James .... hugs always welcome!

Leesy
27-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear she is feeling alot better now, continue with the good nursing which I am sure you will xx.

Elaine
27-01-2010, 09:33 PM
As usual I am late in getting up to date :) Nevertheless I too send all the healing vibes to Eva that I can - from the response to your news, the power of so many loving hugs is, I am sure, helping you too, so if you don't mind hugs from a strange man .. ((())) :)

James

The stranger the better:lol: , seriously thankyou James, thankyou all xxx
Got her steroid down and a tiny bit more food, she has now urinated but no poo as yet but I do think she wants to go.
She growled at me while grooming her when I got close to her tummy. I dont know how to really describe this but she just looks a little more comfortable than she has done, does that make sense?
She also wondered to the front door and meaowed to go out.
Her eyes keep watering, bless her, she looks like she is crying all the time.

dandysmom
27-01-2010, 09:35 PM
The stranger the better:lol: , seriously thankyou James, thankyou all xxx
Got her steroid down and a tiny bit more food, she has now urinated but no poo as yet but I do think she wants to go.
She growled at me while grooming her when I got close to her tummy. I dont know how to really describe this but she just looks a little more comfortable than she has done, does that make sense?
She also wondered to the front door and meaowed to go out.
Her eyes keep watering, bless her, she looks like she is crying all the time.

Makes perfect sense; she's your cat and you're attuned to her moods and actions. It's sounding better.

Elaine
28-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Update.
Eva hasnt eaten since last night but I am not overly worried as yet coz she hasnt had a poo either but I could swear that when I gave her her steroid this morning her toungue was more pink than yellow.
Just gonna give her a little time before I give her one of the other tablets, the one to help the bileduct to widen. She does seem to be a little more "with us" and is moving around a little more rather than being hunched up. She also put up a little bit of a struggle when I tried to give her her first tablet.

Leesy
28-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the update Elaine, glad that things are looking so much better, you must feel very relieved:D .
Has she eaten yet this morning?

angieh
28-01-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm glad that she is moving more freely. They do scrunch up when they feel poorly and a bit of relaxation is a very good sign. Also her tongue being less yellow.

Come on Diva - you can get through this! Be a brave good girl for your poor mum and take your pill nicely and feel better very soon.

:cat27 Purrrrrrs and head rubs from Kizzy and Pip and another :cat27
:bighug:
from me!

Shelley123
28-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Glad Eva is a little better

Moli
28-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Eva is back at the vets...Just waiting to hear from Lainey...........

angieh
28-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Fingers crossed Moli. I'm glad Elaine has you to chat with.

Leesy
28-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Fingers crossed here as well.

dandysmom
28-01-2010, 05:02 PM
And here too.

Elaine
28-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Just back from the vets with Eva, she has been there all afternoon.
I took her back as I felt she may be impacted/constipated due to dehydration, I also felt that she may have needed some pain releif.
Discussed everything again with Andrew (vet), all my concerns, the possitives and the negatives. Cannt afford to be complacant as this IS a serious condition and I cannt take anything for granted if she is to have very chance of getting through this. I also got some info via another vet who had said that if her toungue was yellow than she should have been on fluids.
So today she has had an xray, more bloods, an enema (she is very impacted), fluids, more steroids and I have a supplement now also to help aid her liver.
The xray showed that her liver is not too badly inflamed, her kidneys are of normal size and shape, no signs of tumours (which was a worry), no abnormalities at all.
Her bloods show that her cholestorol has dropped a little but is still high, her ALT has dropped from 194 to 176, white blood cells all good which means that the infection hasnt got into her blood stream and poisoning her.
Her toungue and most of her gums are back to a more normal colour but her skin is still very yellow.
She hasnt eaten at all today, but hopefully if she can shift some of that poo, she may want to eat. We await the explosion...
She not out of the woods and this may take up to 12 weeks, apparently, before she is fully recovered.

I dont want to start bitching about my vet as he is a very nice guy and is working with me but I cannt help feeling that I am asking for all of these things to be done when he is the vet and should have said to me that this is the course we should take. Another bit of me feels that if she wasnt such a difficult cat to deal with, would he be more pro-active rather than me being the pro-active one. What if the cat owner wasnt quite as clued up and as forcefull as me???

Anyway not gonna dwell on that as I know what she needs and I guess at least I know if I ask him to do it then he will. Just want my grumpy puss back, alive and biting again;)

Shelley123
28-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Poor Eva, she's having it rough. Hope she manages a good clear out and begins eating again

angieh
28-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, there's a heap of good news there - her liver, kidneys, no growths etc. I agree with you about veterinary advice and that they should be more proactive ..... I have the same problem with my G.P. - I have felt on several occasions that I am leading her by the nose. Of course, that means I am getting what I want, but is it what I need? You obviously feel exactly the same way about your vet.

Eva is a lucky cat to have you as her Champion. I am very hopeful of a good and full recovery for her. Well done Eva and well done to you too Elaine.

Hope the explosion isn't too much for your household. I hope it doesn't make the Scottish papers!

dandysmom
28-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm focussing on the good news too; it does sound like a long way to full recovery but it's definitely looking up. Poor baby, what a battery of tests she's been thru, and we can't make them understand it's for their own good.... thank God you are forceful and well informed (and you too, Angie)!!

I hope she has a movement soon!

Elaine
29-01-2010, 07:52 AM
No explosion, no poop but she did manage to eat a little:(