PDA

View Full Version : Sun is shinning...gardeners unite.

Kazz
24-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Okay all of you the sun is shinning and its time to start thinking gardening...... :) ....who is doing what? where? and more to the point when?

Mags
24-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Nothing is happening here yet, Kazz - although it's a lovely sunny day we still have white frost on the ground ....... brrrrrrrr!

Kazz
24-01-2010, 12:59 PM
But you have to plan Mags...its the best part of gardening...because in your imagination it all looks just like you'd want it too nothing is wrong all is good with the world. Although I have to say some of my errors have been the best bits of my garden

Shelley123
24-01-2010, 03:11 PM
no gardening for me, it's too grey and damp here, no sun.
I had only thought that on a dry day i could do to get out there and tidy up, prune the dead wood off the Roses etc

Donna
24-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I managed to give the rabbit runs/hutches a good clean out as it was sunny and not too cold this morning... thats about all I ever manage in the garden. The rest of it is a tip!

Kim
24-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Our garden is a bit of a mud bath, the downside to having 3 large dogs. No gardening for me for a while yet. :(

dandysmom
24-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm still browsing thru seed catalogues, trying to figure out how to squeeze a pounds worth of stuff in an ounce of land! Will start the seeds on St. Patricks day as always.

Leesy
24-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Not upto much in our garden at the moment, to boggy :roll:

angieh
25-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I need advise .............

I have lost a large round evergreen to the snow - it's broken in the middle and won't recover it's nice shape so I've decided it must come out which leaves an opportunity ...... it is at the end of the pergola so I want a good climber that will offer shade in the summer. It's south facing and (if we get a decent Summer) could be hot and dry. Any ideas??????

Leesy
25-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I need advise .............

I have lost a large round evergreen to the snow - it's broken in the middle and won't recover it's nice shape so I've decided it must come out which leaves an opportunity ...... it is at the end of the pergola so I want a good climber that will offer shade in the summer. It's south facing and (if we get a decent Summer) could be hot and dry. Any ideas??????

What about Wisteria, I love it and that is a fast grower that will also offer plenty of shade, but I am not sure as to what facing it should be grown on.

angieh
25-01-2010, 01:34 PM
That's a great idea - I also love Wisteria ....... one for the list of possibles - thanks Leesy!

Leesy
25-01-2010, 01:51 PM
That's a great idea - I also love Wisteria ....... one for the list of possibles - thanks Leesy!

Your welcome;)

dandysmom
25-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Cobea? Clematis? Thunbergia? Moonvine?