PDA

View Full Version : New cats in (quickly)

smudgley
24-01-2010, 09:24 AM
We have our cats protection homing show this Saturday.
It takes a lot of preperation as you can imagine, we have to get lots of paperwork sorted & also all the cats are vet checked & vaccinated prior to the show.
We have 20 cat pens and try & take as many cats as we can. Last Friday I did all the lists & laminated labels for the pens, then on Saturday it went mad & so many people came & viewed / reserved cats that we were then short of cats for the show. So last night I spent about all evening doing various phonecalls to people on the waiting list, trying to get more cats in. I have lots due in today. It's going to be mad now this week, trying to get them all sorted...And I guess the laminated labels will go in the bin & I'll do some new ones for the new cats. :roll:
Good news is at least lots of cats have got good homes.:cool:

Mags
24-01-2010, 10:52 AM
It's sounding very hectic for you Smudgley but how worthwhile it will be if you are able to rehome many cats...:)

Good luck with the Show on Saturday, wishing you lots of success!:)

alexgirl73
24-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Kelly, tried to reply to your PM but your inbox was full :lol: If you need the phone number for our end for a homing visit, give me a shout :)

angieh
24-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Loads of work for you Smudgley, but it must be very pleasing for you to know that so many cats will be rehomed. Well done - I'm sure all those cats are grateful too.

smudgley
24-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Kelly, tried to reply to your PM but your inbox was full :lol: If you need the phone number for our end for a homing visit, give me a shout :)

Sorry.

Not to worry, the home check is actually in Donnington & I'll be visiting Donna weekly again soon as she's having puppies, so I can do it when I'm in the area, thanks anyway.

Shelley123
24-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Good luck on Saturday and well done for getting so many Cats rehomed

alexgirl73
24-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Sorry.

Not to worry, the home check is actually in Donnington & I'll be visiting Donna weekly again soon as she's having puppies, so I can do it when I'm in the area, thanks anyway.

yeah I heard about the puppies :lol:. Two dogs at one time, rather her than me lol! No probs, but if you need any help give us a shout :D

Leesy
24-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Hope the show goes well on Saturday, and I hope you manage to find lots of new homes for plenty of kitty`s.

dandysmom
25-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Hectic indeed, but with such happy results! Good luck Saturday.

Mags
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Did the Homing Show go well last Saturday, Smudgley?

smudgley
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes & No.

It was very slow & quiet compared to previous shows, but the few people that did turn up wanted cats so we managed to home about 14 cats including Rubys kittens, so not a bad day. I think Kaz only managed to give away a handful of vouchers, which again is not what usually happens, but we had very high expectations so I guess you win some - you loose some.

Was worth doing though, we homed a few cats.

Mags
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I agree, to home a few cats is better than none at all. It's a shame there wasn't a better turn out though:(

Hopefully things will pick up in the warmer months ....... but not the intake of kittens;)

angieh
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
14 cats re-homed is very good Smudgley! I'm very glad for those cats.

Shelley123
03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Well done rehoming 14 Cats, that's great

dandysmom
03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
14 cats with loving homes ... well done!

MadCatLady
17-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Well done, its all worth it!!!