PDA

View Full Version : Colourpoint Cat Club Show

Kay
17-01-2010, 09:29 PM
The Colourpoint Cat Club show that was supposed to be on the 9th January 2010 had to be cancelled because of the snow :(. Luckily we have managed to re-schedule it :lol:.

The new date is Sunday the 18th April and the venue is still Stoneleigh Park Exhibition Centre, Stoneleigh, Warwickshire. The closing date for entries is now the 20th March ................. so plenty of time for new entries ;).

We cater for Colourpoint Persians and Colourpointed Exotics and both non-pedigree and pedigree Household Pets (of any breed). We are a really friendly little show with the added advantage of sharing the venue with four other shows. There is a goody bag for each exhibit containing gifts for both you and your furbabe. We also have excellent Best In Show prizes.

If you have never shown before but are interested in giving it a go please pm me. The schedule and entry form are available from the Colourpoint Cat Club website or directly from me.

I hope some of you will consider coming as it would be lovely to meet you and your stunning cats :). Any questions please ask.

Kay
Assistant Show Manager
Colourpoint Cat Club

pinklizzy
17-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Hope it all goes well Kay!
When I was thinking of showing Imogen, Kay was so so helpful-even talking me through everything over the phone, thank you Kay (and I'm sorry we never made it :( )

Kay
17-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Hope it all goes well Kay!
When I was thinking of showing Imogen, Kay was so so helpful-even talking me through everything over the phone, thank you Kay (and I'm sorry we never made it :( )

Still time you know :lol::lol:. Thanks for that. It's my first year running it so I am really aiming for a good entry. If something is worth doing it is worth doing well ;)

charliebubs
18-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I heard a whisper that one of my clubs may be venue sharing that day and..............if that's true...............I'll be there!! (our show got cancelled due to snow too)

Nothing has been officially announced yet tho...

Kay
18-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Charlie, check on GCCF they are all listed as a date change. Pop along and say hi if you come. Haven't seen you for ages!!

charliebubs
20-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Charlie, check on GCCF they are all listed as a date change. Pop along and say hi if you come. Haven't seen you for ages!!

Ah, yes, just looked and the TBRCC Show is now showing as 18 April 2010. Woop!!

I'll be there, Kay, and of course I'll come and say hello.

I love seeing your babies and you'll have to see how Maya has grown too :)

Kay
20-01-2010, 03:48 PM
It will be lovely to see you and Maya again. I won't have any cats there as I am not allowed to show because I am the Assistant Show Manager but I think I will be busy enough anyway.

Kay
21-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Come on Catsey people the Colourpoint Cat Club Show isn't just for Colourpoint Persians and Exotics we also have a Household pet section. This section is now split into Non-pedigree and Pedigree Pets, so if you have a pedigree that is not quite up to the standard of points or you don't have papers (like in the case of a rescue or re-homed cat) you can now enter in the Pedigree Household Pet section.

It would be lovely to see some Catsey cats, and of course people, there. :D

candyshandy
21-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Hello everyone:D

I'll be there with my black persian kitten Barney Rubble who will be on exhibition:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/003-2.jpg

Kay
21-01-2010, 11:30 PM
He's looking good Candice. Don't worry about his kitten grey and shading will disappear in time. Cory was 18 months before he got his really black coat.

Give him, Bam Bam and Foo-Foo a cuddle from Auntie Kay. xx

Kay
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Just a quick update.

Unfortunately one of our pedigree judges, Mrs Anne Gregory, is unable to attend so we have had to approach another judge.

Mrs Pat Perkins has indly agreed to step in and will judging all of Mrs Gregory's classes except for the Tortie Colourpoint Adult which will now be judged by Mrs Celia de Martino.

Doubt it will effect anyone on here but you never know.

I am still awaiting an influx of entries from Catsey cats in particular kittens ;). They don't have to be pedigree Coloupoints as we cater for Household Pets of any shape, size, colour, age in both non-pedigree or pedigree. If you are interested in giving showing a go and need some advice please ask either in this thread or by sending me a message.

yola
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Warwickshire's just too far to go with a cat that's not used to travelling. i'm tempted to enter Myshka as he's such a sweetie/cutie . . . maybe if there's one a little closer to home in the future?

Kay
09-02-2010, 06:01 PM
The show is only 95 miles from you Yola. That's not too far come enter the gorgeous Myshka. I will gladly lend you the white blanket, litter tray and water bowl just in case showing turns out to be not for you but I am sure you will love it. Our show is only a little show and therefore ideal for newbies.

If you want a schedule I can e-mail one to you and I will help you fill it in if you need help. Go on you now you want to!!!!

candyshandy
09-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Go on Yola hehe:D :D

dandysmom
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Give it a try Yola! I only did a show once with Dandy, who loved it, and it was great fun!

yola
10-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Let me think about it . . . the main worry is Myshka's stress levels with the travelling; when I brought him back from the services near Birmingham he cried all the way and was very upset.

angieh
10-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Was this the show that we were planning to go to last year, Yola????

I'd still dearly love to go to a cat show - but I'm thinking of one at the beginning of March near Southampton. Won't be showing, just want to see what goes on!

yola
10-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes, this is the one Angie. I was only planning to go for a look-see rather than exhibiting . . . that might still be an option . . . just go without Mysh to get a feel for what it's all about (I've never been to a cat show before)!

Kay
10-02-2010, 06:01 PM
You are more than welcome to come along and see but if you are traveling up anyway you might as well enter Mysh. I am sure he will love all the attention from the judges and stewards!!!

There are goodies for both you and Mysh as well as the rosettes and a chance of being Best In Show.

If you are thinking of coming Angie why not enter one of yours. The more the merrier.

Kay
27-02-2010, 11:02 AM
WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR ENTRANTS

COME ON CATSEY CATS/KITTENS

WE ARE ONLY A LITTLE SHOW SO AN IDEAL INTRODUCTION TO SHOWING

IF YOU WANT AN ADVICE/INFORMATION OR A SCHEDULE AND ENTRY FORM PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS THE 20th MARCH

pookyandjo
27-02-2010, 11:43 AM
would love to come and let HRH run amok! but im just a little too far away to make it... i might have to look into some closer to home... do they have sections for cats with crazy/purrrsonalities?????

Kay
27-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Were not that far away....lol.

The Household Pet section over here as all sorts of different side classes for them. Things like prettiest female, most handsome male, best rescue, Longest whiskers, friendliest nature etc. It all depends on what the cat club whose show its wants to put on.

Why not enquire at some cat clubs in your area, most have websites.

Kay
26-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Entries have now closed for the Colourpoint Cat Club Show.

It is a shame that no Catsey members decided to enter but hopefully some of you may pop along and have a look on the day. If you want any info about the day of the show let me know.

borderdawn
26-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Entries have now closed for the Colourpoint Cat Club Show.

It is a shame that no Catsey members decided to enter but hopefully some of you may pop along and have a look on the day. If you want any info about the day of the show let me know.

Most people on here are not interested in Cat showing Kay, its primarily a pet forum.

dandysmom
26-03-2010, 04:21 PM
But it''s interesting to read about our members successes at the shows. When my friends were showing I always enjoyed going to them; if I had a cat who was amenable to it, I'd show. Dandy absolutely adored the one time he went; unfortunately he was not show quality. He was on exhibit, as Puras were very rare here then.

Kay
28-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Most people on here are not interested in Cat showing Kay, its primarily a pet forum.

Yes I know Dawn and it was pets I was hoping would enter the Household Pet section. Many Catsey members have been to shows as I have met many of them there and quite a few of us do show.

candyshandy
23-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I had a great day at the show which was really well run and super friendly - well done Kay!!

The gifts and prizes were fab - each exhibitor received and goodie bag and huge bag of cat litter. Along with rosettes the winners also received a cat themed cookie jar.;)

Barney was on exhibition so no judging but he enjoyed the day snoozing and won best decorated pen:D . He won a cookie jar and a trophy;)

I had a fab day stewarding for one of the judges so I got to cuddle all of the colourpoint cats and kittens:D

It was lovely to meet you Amber and of course your friend:D - I hope you will try a show in the future for real, be warned though it is addictive lol!

Here are some piccies:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/Barney%20Rubble/020-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/Barney%20Rubble/026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/Barney%20Rubble/022-1.jpg

angieh
23-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Glad you had a great time CS and Barney too! Great pen. It must be lovely to be able to meet other Catseyers. Shame for me that the shows all seem out of range. Ah well.

Amber_Leigh1
23-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I had a great day at the show which was really well run and super friendly - well done Kay!!

The gifts and prizes were fab - each exhibitor received and goodie bag and huge bag of cat litter. Along with rosettes the winners also received a cat themed cookie jar.;)

Barney was on exhibition so no judging but he enjoyed the day snoozing and won best decorated pen:D . He won a cookie jar and a trophy;)

I had a fab day stewarding for one of the judges so I got to cuddle all of the colourpoint cats and kittens:D

It was lovely to meet you Amber and of course your friend:D - I hope you will try a show in the future for real, be warned though it is addictive lol!

Here are some piccies:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/Barney%20Rubble/020-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/Barney%20Rubble/026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/candiceh/Barney%20Rubble/022-1.jpg

Lovely to meet you too Candice - Barney is a super stud :D Luckilly I have another year to physc myself up ready to bring Saskia (Sassy) to the next show!! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the beautiful different breeds on the day and having cuddles with some of them! :D

Kay
23-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks Candice.

The show went well with all the cats except for 4 turning up. We had 20 Colourpoints, 23 Household Pets and 2 cats on Exhibition. Congratulations Candice on winning the Best Exhibition Pen it looked brilliant as did Barney. Our Overall Best In Show winners were a 16 week old Colourpoint kitten who is absolutely stunning and a very sleek and gorgeous black DSH. I will put some pics up as soon as I am sorted.

It was lovely to meet you Amber and your friend Julia. You haven't got a year to physc yourself up for entering Saskia though as this show was re-scheduled and we will be going back to our original time of year for next year, January. I am gad you enjoyed your day and look forward to seeing you and Saskia as an entrant next year!!

dandysmom
23-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics, some lovely cats and cages! Well done!