PDA

View Full Version : I miss my cats

Kazz
17-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I have had a quiet day here today and the sort of day you just potter about.;) Yes I do have days like that and do you know what I missed the cats, first time in a long time.
Yes I had Sal but for some reason today my heart "hurt" and I missed them both.

Not saying I am getting a cat just saying I missed mine today.

P.S.
To those of you who have joined the site since I became the catless person on a cat site. I used to have cats. Honest :-D

Cleo was PTS on 24th July 2007, one week short of her 24th birthday.
Her brother
Oscar was PTS 18th Dec 2005 Oscar he was 23.

Yet to me it seems like yesterday they were both here.

Mags
17-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Strange, I was only thinking of them both a week or so ago. :?

Cleo and Oscar were two very special cats, Kazz ....... it's not often you get one to live to such a grand age, let alone two. You were obviously a very special cat-mom;)

It's very true that they always have a permanent place n your heart.

Kazz
17-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I have been thinking of them this week too no idea why apart from I am now thinking maybe the pictures of Angie's Pip has reminded me in a nice way neither of mine had the beautiful markings he has, but he is similar to Cleo and Oz

Shelley123
17-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Do you think you will ever get another Cat Karen?
Your Cats lived to a grand old age, i have never managed to keep a Cat that long, it's fantastic

dandysmom
17-01-2010, 09:15 PM
It's a forum for cat lovers, you don't necessarily have to have one; although it helps. I joined after Oz, but well remember dear Cleo and how sad we all felt when she went. she was a very special Catsey cat, and such a great age.

Kazz, do you think they're sending subliminal messages to you from the Bridge saying there are some kittens out there in need of a loving home?

angieh
17-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I only know of Oscar and Cleo from reputation Kazz, but I think Eileen may have hit the issue on the head ...... especially with all the worries you have had and will have this year with your mom and dad. Cats can be so calming and such a comfort, I bet that your two beloved cats are thinking of your well-being.

smudgley
17-01-2010, 09:25 PM
awww sorry you had a sad day today. :cat21

:bighug:

I think we are all having a rough time currently with all the changes in our branch Kazz, I've felt really awful all weekend :(

Kim
17-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry you have been feeling a bit sad today Karen. ((hugs)). Oscar and Cleo will always have a very special place in your heart. x

Kazz
17-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Maybe you have all hit the nail on the head. Its surprising how soothing cats can be, maybe I am a little "thoughful" at the moment.

Not sure I will have another cat but I do miss my two... I find it odd I have "met" most of you since loosing Oscar....how time flies. You'd all have liked his escapades...honestly.

Kazz
17-01-2010, 09:43 PM
awww sorry you had a sad day today. :cat21

:bighug:

I think we are all having a rough time currently with all the changes in our branch Kazz, I've felt really awful all weekend :(
Back at ya....and hope you feel a bit better too Kelly.

angieh
17-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I expect it would be quite a decision for you to get another cat Kazz - your two were so special and with you such a long time. I know that Merlin was with me a similar length of time and, to be honest, I do think that getting Kizzy so quickly after he went was the best thing I could have done for me. I wonder if it's a case of the longer you leave it, the more difficult it gets, not easier. Somehow that makes a lot of sense to me.

I think us cat lovers all know and would never question the fact that a new love can never replace an old, but for me anyway, my new loves have made the memory of Merlin even more special.

Only you will know if it's ever right for you to adopt another cat but IMO you would find real comfort in doing so.

dandysmom
17-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Angie, you did far better than I; when Su-ling died, I lasted TWO WHOLE DAYS in a catless house before I got Sultan.

angieh
17-01-2010, 11:30 PM
The whole place seemed empty - and comfortless somehow. OH felt the same.

Moli
17-01-2010, 11:34 PM
You are sure to miss them Kazz, both very special, and were a huge part of your life....Hugs...xx

Kay
17-01-2010, 11:35 PM
They leave such a big hole in your heart when they go that you feel no other cat/kitten could possibly fill it and they don't ever completely but the fill your heart with themselves and so easy the aching gap.

Thinking of you Kazz. The time will be right at sometime and you will know when that is. xx

Kazz
18-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Maybe maybe......you never know.

Kay
18-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Maybe maybe......you never know.

One day, One day.......... and we do know ;)

Leesy
19-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Sorry to hear that you are feeling down Kazz and missing your babies, we all know how you feel, hope you feel better soon:D

James
21-01-2010, 01:32 AM
True love never leaves you whether it is past or present. We (my brother and myself) lost Dunkley some time ago now, but she has never really left. The experiences we had and the lessons we learned from her contribute to the people we are today. It is a precious gift that so-called 'lesser creatures' (lesser? Hah!) seem to have in abundance.

I like many humans, I love some, I dislike others, but I love all cats :) I think that the contributors to this thread may be correct - someone is whispering in your ear ......