PDA

View Full Version : First introduction.

jandarlo
14-01-2010, 02:57 AM
:cat22 Hello, I have never done anything like this before, I hope it will be interesting and helpful. I am an older person and my partner is in his mid 50's and we have just acquired a kitten. He is a very pretty tabby, and his name is "Possum". 2 years ago we put our last cat "Ebony" to sleep after 20 years with us. We were not going to have any more animals, but a neighbors cat made us change our mind. My partner and I realized there was something missing in our lives. And so we got "Possum when he was 5 weeks old, he is nearly 10 weeks old and is going to the vet for his first check-up on Monday 18th Jan. This little bundle of mischief has changed our lives. I never realized how much you have to change things when you bring a kitten into your lives! It is nearly like a new baby!!! But he is a lot more fun and entertaining. We are laughing a lot, due to his funny antics. That's enough for my introduction, I am hoping this isn't too long. Bye from 'jandarlo'

dandysmom
14-01-2010, 03:33 AM
:smt039 Hi and welcome, jandarlo! I'm an "older person" too we have all age ranges here, all of us are friendly. I do hope you'll enjoy the forum; look forward to chatting and possibly seeing pics of Possum!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/dandysmom/Avatars%20etc/FotoFlexer_Photo-1.jpg

Annestaff
14-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi and welcome aboard :grin:

Mags
14-01-2010, 10:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Cassie%20welcome/CassieWelcome2.jpg

Hi Jandarlo :smt039 a warm welcome to Catsey!

I hope you'll enjoy your time here with us, we are a friendly crowd who love cats but will also chat about anything of interest.

Looking forward to chatting with you and hearing more about Possum, he sounds a bundle of fun!:lol:

If you have any problems finding you way round the forum or if you have any questions, just shout and someone will be along to help you.

angieh
14-01-2010, 12:32 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Catsey/P1020613-1.jpg

Hi jandarlo! So very glad that you have welcomed a new kitten into your lives and that you are having a wonderful time with Possum! Pip, the ginger and white kitty in the above photo is now 7 months old - we welcomed him into our home last August and can appreciate all the joys you are having with Possum. You do forget what fun kittens are!!!

Moli
14-01-2010, 01:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/molidoodle/P1020862-5.jpg

HappyKatz
14-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello :smt039 Welcome to the wonderful world of Catsey! Hope you enjoy it here :-D
Sounds like you are really enjoying the company of your kitten Possum :cat27
Look forward to hearing more about Possum! He sounds very cute :)

yola
14-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Warm welcome from a 40-something . . . we're a mixed bunch here but all are welcome. Would love to hear more about your energetic kitten :-)

Carole
14-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi and welcome :)

Shelley123
16-01-2010, 09:21 PM
welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Kitten, i love his name.
It is so painful when we lose our Pets, we have lost two Dogs this year and for a short while we wondered about not having anymore pets. Like you we decided that we couldnt deny the pleasure we get from our animals and we are shortly getting a puppy to join our two tabbies.

Kim
17-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi and welcome to Catsey. I love the name of your new kitten!! My 'other half' is Australian (from Melbourne) and my son is off to Aus (Adelaide) for 2 years next month to do a Post Grad. :(

James
24-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi Jandarlo,

Welcome (I am still trying to catch up with posts!). Congratulations on your decision to open your home (and heart) to another little feline. I spent some time in Aussie and in New Zealand, We brought out beloved tabby girl back from NZ with us.

Leesy
24-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi there and welcome to Catsey:D

jandarlo
28-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Hello again, "Possum" is still very cute when he is asleep! We had first of his vaccinations on 15-1-2010 which is nearly 2 weeks ago. He was a bit lethargic for 2 days but came good and how! He is wanting to eat us alive! I mean it: we can't pick him up for a cuddle anymore, it is 4 feet and the mouth trying to subdue us or something!I can be in touch with my vet. and she will give him a good going over on Monday when he has his next Vaccine's. Would appreciate some feed back if someone has had the same problem. Will get some photo's organised when i find out how to do it. Bye.