PDA

View Full Version : Do your cat(s) react...

HappyKatz
12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Hello! :smt039

Do your cat(s)s react when you talk to them?

Do they talk back to you, give you a look like they understand, rub your leg?

Snowball also loves to be talked to. He'll respond with his low raspy grandpa cat meow.
Then he'll shake his rattle tail and rub you as well.

Sage would rather talk then be talked to. When we talk to him, he'll close his eyes at us and then he'll let out a big meow and then he waits to be chased, for snuggles, or for food.

Sushie loves to talk & to be talked to. Shes our noisy cat. When we talk to her, she'll meow & meow & meow. As we talk to her, she rubs anything near her.

Spooky likes to be talked to. But she doesn't respond very much. Shes very quiet but has other ways of showing she understands. She'll wiggle her tail & look at us with her big owl eyes.

Spici gets a little upset when you talk to her when shes not in the mood. If you talk to her when she is in her wild mood, she'll meow loudly at us. When she is in her sweet mood, you can talk to her all day. She'll give you big kitty cat eyes & then she'll snuggle.

Shilo is like Sushie. She loves to talk but isn't as excited to be talked to by us. If there are key words we say like food, she'll react to us by rubbing & being all cute.

Sadee is so cute when you talk to her. She talks back to us with her eyes. Then, she'll let out a little tiny meow for the big cat she is. She likes to react by rolling around and rubbing.

Sasha loves to be talked to and reacts to talking. She'll let out a loud meow to let us know shes listening. We always say her name outloud and she always understands.
Then, She squints at us with her beautiful eyes.

Phoenix
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I could swear I could have a whole conversation with Dylan :lol: If we start talking to him he'll meow and meow at us replying to everything we say :lol:

dandysmom
12-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Some have, some don't. My Siamese boy was typical. could talk the ear off a brass monkey! Onyx when she came to trust me was a talker too, telling me all about her day. The rest listened when spoken to but rarely responded. When I can't find Leia and ask "Where's Leia?" she always respond with a small mew.

And all did//do the leg-stropping bit and meowing when they see it's meal time!

Phoenix
12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Some have, some don't. My Siamese boy was typical. could talk the ear off a brass monkey! Onyx when she came to trust me was a talker too, telling me all about her day. The rest listened when spoken to but rarely responded. When I can't find Leia and ask "Where's Leia?" she always respond with a small mew.

And all did//do the leg-stropping bit and meowing when they see it's meal time!

Dylan likes rubbing round feet when it's meal time :lol:

angieh
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Pip is still too young to sit still whilst being spoken to! He generally is very vocal though especially when he finds himself alone and wants to know where we are.

When she first came to us Kizzy almost seemed embarrassed to be spoken to but now she mostly seems to love it. Especially when I tell her how I love her and how beautiful she is - she likes to rub her head against me and she purrrrs like an engine. She doesn't talk back very much, but if she wants to start me talking to her, she'll chirrup.

random
12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
They all know their names, Tucker will always mew back, you can mew and then he will and you can go on for ages. Sometimes the others do too but not every time like Tucker.

Princess is weird, she shouts at me when I sing :shock: or when I am on the phone! She really doesn't like it! When she is in the mood to have a 'chat', like Tucker, you can mew and she will but when she does she often gets a bit excited after a while and a couple of times she has went up on the back of the sofa (the whole time we are both 'chatting' taking turns in mewing at each other) and she has bit me on the top of my head! Not hard though, it's very strange. Which suits me as obviously i'm insane, chatting with her in the first place. :mrgreen:

:shock:

James
15-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Which suits me as obviously i'm insane, chatting with her in the first place. :mrgreen:

:shock:

Indeed, but oh what a special, enjoyable insanity ;)

Sugarant
15-01-2010, 10:09 PM
HappyKatz, you have NINE cats?? That's amazing!

Shelley123
16-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Our two boys Tom and Jerry only vocalise realy when they want food, they are men of few words.
Occasionaly when i meow to Tom he will have a short conversation :D

Kay
18-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Tilly - meows but nothing comes out of her mouth.....really cute.
Angel - Answers you and looks intently at you waiting for you to reply back to her.
Leila - Just watches you.
Phoebe - Can be quite vocal but when she is in the mood otherwise she will totally blank you!!
Kisses - Has very long conversations with me.
Jilly - Answers you and comes running.
Cory - Doesn't answer you ( typical male!!) but he does come running and fusses all round you.
Ruby - Isn't very vocal but is very fussy and comes running at the mere mention of her name.
Shannon - Is quite interactive she talks to you and fusses round you but it depends on her mood (typical tortie)
Roxie - Is very quietly spoken but very, very fussy around you.
Rosie - is extremely chatty, if fact she never shuts up. I wouldn't say you have a conversation with her as you have a hard job getting a word in edge ways ( she isn't a Persian she is my mental Oriental!!)
Kirah - having grown up with Rosie is also very talkative, although not to the same degree (thank goodness)
Wes - does talk to you but tends to just stare into your eyes with his massive owl like eyes (just melts your heart)
Joshua - at only 11 weeks old is extremely responsive to humans, probably due to him being hand fed. He comes running when you call his name and meows at you. When you speak to him he jsut keeps purring ( so sweet)