PDA

View Full Version : Cracker is off Colour

kado
08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
One of Maisey kittens isnt very well. I notice today that she had a very wet bottom. I know she isnt 1yr yet but is on adult Whiska's. Its very sore and leaks. I have put her in a cage to keep the other cats away from her so they wont annoy her. All the others are fine. I am going to try to take her too the vets in morning but the road is dangerous and my neighbour will have too take us. If not tomorrow it will have too be monday. They need worming but i have only got panacur but i want to use mylbemax tablets to do everyone of them at the same time. Should i keep her off food for a few hours. She has a realy healthy appitete as well. Also when i feed her again should it be kitten or the Adult. This is only a stop gap until i can get her too the vets

smudgley
08-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry she is poorly.
Is she bright in herself?
Has she been neutered yet?
Are all the other cats ok?

kado
08-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Yes she is bright in herself eating maybe too much. The other cats are all ok. She is not quiet 6months yet and my vets like them too b 2kgs. I need it too clear up before i get them done. Hopefully all the kittens will be done at the same time just need too get some more carriers. If not it will be Chunkie and Cracker then the other 3 a month later.

angieh
08-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Could you try a bland diet for a day or two Jane? Perhaps some boiled rice and chicken or white fish? I think it's a good idea to keep the kitten separated from the others. It may not be a contagious thing but better safe.

kado
09-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I will try that Angieh. She is such a sweetie and always paddles on your knee. She looks so sad in the cage but has a bed, litter tray and now she has calmed down water. Maisey used to have the same problem but that has gone now. All the other cats sorry cant discribe it any other way solid poop. She hasnt mixed with anyother cat and the aldult boys havent been out very much.

dandysmom
09-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Sorry she's having problems; maybe the bland diet will help. Hope your roads aren't too icy and you can get to the vets safely.

kado
09-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I dont think it will be today. It is going to be monday. She had a quiet night in her cage. The other cats left her alone. I have given her some kitten food today and she hasnt leaked yet. She looks realy depressed as well all she wants to do is run around after the others. She is a bag raider as well she will rip any open before you reliaze. I am wondering has she eating anything that has upset her tummy

Shelley123
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
sorry Cracker is feeling poorly, hope she's feeling better soon

dandysmom
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
You may be right about eating something that's upset her. Sounds good that she's not leaking today; hope she continues to improve. Keep us posted.

kado
09-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I think it was her that i saw eating a cold roast potatoe which she had got out of a bag. I always take the rubbish out at night so they cant do it. All the kittens are bag rippers and we always take uneaten food out straight away but somehow this potatoe escaped

dandysmom
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Maybe it was the potato! Although some cats eat mashed potatoes.....???

kado
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
She has been alot better today hasnt realy washed herself. I usual am very care with leftovers as well but tonight chunkey pinched a piece of steak out of the bag and we couldnt get it off him as he was hissing and growling at us.

smudgley
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
She has been alot better today hasnt realy washed herself. I usual am very care with leftovers as well but tonight chunkey pinched a piece of steak out of the bag and we couldnt get it off him as he was hissing and growling at us.

You couldn't get a piece of meat of your cat because he was hissing & growling at you? :shock:

kado
09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
No he ran under the kitch units and by the time we took the plynth off he had eaten it.

smudgley
10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
bless 'im, cheeky monkey. :-D

Mags
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM
How is Cracker today, Jane?

kado
11-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Her poop is almost back to normal. She hasnt realy like her bottom very much. She is out of the cage now but only from this morning. They are all back on kitten food now.

angieh
11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Sounds as if it was that roast potato then Jane. Glad to hear Cracker is back on track and out of her cage.

Mags
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear she has improved :)

Shelley123
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
glad Cracker is feeling better

dandysmom
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
That's good news, Jane!