PDA

View Full Version : Brothers cat has hurt herself.

kado
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
My brother has just phoned me. He has just returned home from work and one of his cats Mrs has hurt her leg. It seems to be at a odd angle also there's something wrong with her claw. The vets he usually uses cant see him in as there pretty full so he is going to another one of there's. He is stuck because he cant drive so has too wait for a pet taxi to take him and with the snow he didnt think they would be able to see her. She is about 8 and has a sister called Mo. He also took in a cat a couple of years ago called matey. He loves his cats too bits and takes a days holiday if one of them is ill. I just hope she is going to be ok he is mad about his cats just like i am.

Shelley123
05-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Hope your brother manages to get to see the vet with Mrs, please let us know how she goes on

kado
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
He has just got back with her. The vet thinks she has done something to the muscle. He prescribed her metacm in a syringe. Her weight is now 4.7kgs she was a bit podgy before and she has a hole in a tooth which doesnt need anything done at the moment. I am so glad she is ok and not done too much damage it cost my brother £46 but he didnt care at all he couldnt have and wouldnt have left her like it. He is taken her back on friday for a check up. I have never seen a cat like her she is grey and has very tiny ginger running through it.

Shelley123
05-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I am so pleased Mrs is ok and hope everything is fine on Friday. I think Metacm is a painkiller and possibly antiinflammatory?
Shame about the damage to your brothers wallet, its scary how much vets charge. We were financialy crippled before christmas when we had to keep going with Tom

angieh
05-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Glad that Mrs has nothing seriously wrong - it did sound like a dislocation in your first post Jane.

Hope she gets better very soon.

dandysmom
05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Poor Mrs, glad she was able to be seen and that it's not a break, Any chance of a pic, Kado, sounds like interesting coloration.

kado
05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I will get him to send me one. I was dreading it was a disoclation myself. She might not be my cat but we are always talking about there antics at least 3 times a week i also look after them all when he goes on job related courses. And she is the friendlest of all his cats. They do look a bit like a russian blue with ginger bits. The 3 cats do fight and dont always get on with each other but with him just coming in after biking home in the snow(push bike)i think he panicked. He cant take the day off too watch her as he is the only one who can do his job and if anything goes wrong he will be called out tonight as well.