PDA

View Full Version : Cirque Du Soleil? Anyone

Kazz
31-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Has anyone ever seen the show.... or heard 2nd hand if it is worth going to see. I am kinda fascinated a fancy going they are coming to Birmingham in June and I fancy it but looking for a personal opinion?

Mags
31-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I've never heard of it Kazz :oops:

Moli
31-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Neither have I...Guess we are not cultured Mags:roll: :lol: :lol:

Mags
31-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm assuming it means "Circus of the Sun" .......

dandysmom
31-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I've haven't seen it myself but friends who did when it was here in Washington couldn't speak more highly about it. they do NOT use animals; no poor captive elephants, tigers, etc., just people doing amazing things; got exremely favorable reviews.

angieh
31-12-2009, 01:18 AM
I have seen two or three performances on the TV in the past - they were wonderful, splendid. spellbinding. Kazz if you can get tickets then GO!

Eileen is right - no animals are used. It's certainly not THAT SORT of circus. It's a Canadian company but the performers come from all over the world.

Here (http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/) is their official website.

Kazz
31-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh sorry I know no animals....hence why I would be interested. Someone I know who knows someone who went in the USA was still singing its praises many months later hence why its peeked my interest I think it would be something Sophie would adore too.....a surprise in the offing I think for her 16th. In Jan. The show is not till later in the year in B'ham but hey.

Kazz
31-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I've haven't seen it myself but friends who did when it was here in Washington couldn't speak more highly about it. they do NOT use animals; no poor captive elephants, tigers, etc., just people doing amazing things; got exremely favorable reviews.

I have seen two or three performances on the TV in the past - they were wonderful, splendid. spellbinding. Kazz if you can get tickets then GO!

Eileen is right - no animals are used. It's certainly not THAT SORT of circus. It's a Canadian company but the performers come from all over the world.

Here (http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/) is their official website.

Thank you both I am going to get tickets. Thank you.

Oh I don't do circuses due to animals and don't do Zoo's for the same reason.

angieh
31-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I am sure it will be wonderful and you will love the performance. When is it?

yola
31-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I know a few people who have seen them in Battersea and have all (independently) raved about it. It's one of those things I've been meaning to go and see but never have got round to it :roll:

I hope you do decide to go and see them . . . I understand it's a real spectacle!

Kazz
31-12-2009, 07:24 PM
They are in B'ham in June.

smudgley
31-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Tickets are expensive but when I looked yesterday at the website after you started this thread, they'd got front row seats available.
Looks really good Kazz.

EmmaG
03-01-2010, 12:43 AM
I have been to one before Kazz they are amazing.

We are going to see them on 15th Jan at the Royal Albert Hall - it is our rather late works Xmas do (but they weren't showing in December)

I would recommend them Kazz - totally amazing!

Kim
03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Have seen them on TV Kazz, totally amazing.

angieh
03-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Lucky you Emma! I am sure you will enjoy the show. Let us know won't you?

EmmaG
03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes I will let you know, if it was half as good as the one I saw previously it will be amazing.

Kazz did you decide to get tickets?

Kazz
03-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes getting tickets, I am going into town to get them. Not told Sophie yet it will be a 16th birthday present for her but in June when she will be taking her GCSE's she works really hard and tried so this will be a treat for her.

Emma I want a full report of your show. I think its the same "show" on tour.

EmmaG
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Kazz the show we are going to see on the 15th is Varekai . I will let you know how we got on but I am sure is it going to be amazing.

Kazz
03-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh the one we are going to see is Saltimbanco.....thats on tour this year.

Kazz
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Kazz the show we are going to see on the 15th is Varekai . I will let you know how we got on but I am sure is it going to be amazing.
That will teach me to flip while replying, I missed your reply. We are going to see Saltimbanco, when you give your "review" please remember Sophie is dance/music/acting mad and 15 will be 16 in January she adores the "theatre of dance and whats behind it as much as the on stage bit. I think she will love it.

EmmaG
16-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Well what can I say.............. you know something is VERY good when your hands hurt so much from clapping. Everybody was clapping and cheering!

It was totally amazing Kazz - all of my work colleagues want to see it again. I am thinking of seeing Saltimbanco with the OH in July in London.

Sophie will love it, the moves they do are incredible. The only comment I would say is to read the storyline on the website/literature first. All of the shows there is little/no talking but there is a story behind the dancing moves they do which isn't totally obvious unless you know what the storyline of the show is about.

Can't recommend it highly enough......I am still amazed the next day

Kazz
21-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow ....Thank you Emma. Sorry I missed your reply first time round...our tickets are for Friday June 18th ..told her today and she cannot wait neither can I now will give you a report when we come back.