PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who

Kazz
27-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Okay people who watched part 1...and now the return of the Time Lords.......Wow....

smudgley
27-12-2009, 09:10 PM
not me. :roll: boring.....:cat15

Moli
27-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I watched it Kazz, looking forward to the next one...

Kim
27-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I watched it too, good, but disappointing in parts.

alexgirl73
27-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I watched it, we have to, it's family law in our house lol. Loved it, and nearly passed out at the end when they announced the return of the Time Lords!! How is it possible? roll on NYD (even though it means the end of the gorgeous David Tennant :( )

angieh
28-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Yes, I watched it ............ how is the human race going to get out of that ......... the end of time itself ........ and the return of the Time Lords. Can't even begin to imagine what's going to happen next (apart from having to say goodbye to DT and Russell T Davis too I believe).

PoshPuss
28-12-2009, 12:58 PM
yeah, sooooo, how have the Time Lords returned? I thought the Doctor was the last of them, and the Master of course. Confused?:?

Will be such a shame to lose David Tennant, he's been a fantastic Doctor, and I quite fancy him ...:oops: ;)

Kazz
31-12-2009, 12:43 AM
There appears to be a sort of big "xray machine" belonging to aliens that can "repair whole planets" hence return of the time lords......I also imagine the whole planet of time Lords reappearing could mena that time will shift every which way but loose hence....human race survives because of the Dr's sacrifice..who knows....but I agree with you Kim it was disappointing in parts almost trying to hard.....and trying to bring together to many people from his past.....but was not as taken as I could have been but the Doctor almost crying when asked if "he was alright" while talking in the cafe was choking...stuff.
Maybe we have come to expect s much from Doctor who that we are almost "immune" to it. Return of the Time Lords...bring it on.

Moli
31-12-2009, 12:43 AM
yeah, sooooo, how have the Time Lords returned? I thought the Doctor was the last of them, and the Master of course. Confused?:?

Will be such a shame to lose David Tennant, he's been a fantastic Doctor, and I quite fancy him ...:oops: ;)
Not going to be the same without him....:(

angieh
31-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Commenting on Kazz's views above - I like David Tennant and the storylines just because he has bought a huge humanity to the Doctor role. He's no longer the super hero, but very vulnerable. He doesn't feel quite so dependable any longer.

alexgirl73
01-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I want my David back!!!! :( Amazing episode, nasty timelords doing that to the master in the first place, and so sad to see the doctor saying all his good byes (Martha and Micky married!!!). I will reserve judgement on the 11th doctor for the time being, but he's just too young!!!

Moli
01-01-2010, 10:34 PM
I want my David back!!!! :( Amazing episode, nasty timelords doing that to the master in the first place, and so sad to see the doctor saying all his good byes (Martha and Micky married!!!). I will reserve judgement on the 11th doctor for the time being, but he's just too young!!!

Me too Alex:( brilliant episode though......I am not too keen on the new Doctor eiher...David tennent is the best yet...;)

angieh
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Amazing episode - I want David back too. I always start not liking a new Dr. but generally do after a while (although never did like Sylvester McCoy).

Afraid I had to mop up a few tears.

I was wrong about him not being dependable though. He saved Wilf.

yola
02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Whilst I like the path the Dr.s character took I felt the overall story was weak and contrived. The bit that brought a lump to my throat was the meeting with Rose together with the Ood's haunting singing . . . but hopefully that'll be the last we see of the Donna character (don't go a bundle on Ms Tate).

The new Dr was still displaying the old Dr's persona . . . will give him a chance but I have to admit he's extremely young. Dominik will like him :roll: