PDA

View Full Version : We had such a fright .....

angieh
24-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Couldn't wake MIL this afternoon when we took her tea - we knew she was asleep in the lounge watching a film so OH and I were in the kitchen preparing our Christmas Eve supper. OH shook her, we called her name, tried everything we could think of and still couldn't wake her, so phoned for an ambulance. The lady at the control centre was good and told us to lie her down - fortunately she was in her recliner chair - to open her airways more. She was breathing OK. The paramedic arrived really quickly, came in and touched MIL just by the carotid and she came awake immediately!

He was an extremely good paramedic - and tested all sorts of things. The outcome is that she has a urinary infection, so we have a course of antibiotics for her and she has a follow up appointment at the surgery on Tuesday.

OH was naturally very worried and it scared his mum too.

Kazz
24-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Flipping heck what a shock.....I am so pleased it turned out okay is is "worrying" that something almost as simple as a urinary infection could cause that in an older person...I suppose your system is too busy fighting off the infection.Glad its all fine now Angie...Merry Christmas and tell your OH the same.Karen

alexgirl73
24-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I know how frightening these things can be Angie, my grandma had a few of these type of infections over the last few years, and they affect them so quickly. But the ab's usually sort things out quickly. ((hugs)) to you all xx

pinklizzy
24-12-2009, 08:10 PM
How scary for you all Angie!
Hope she starts to feel better very soon.
Lx

Phoenix
24-12-2009, 08:43 PM
That must have been very scary angie :shock: Glad to hear it wasn't anything more serious :shock:

angieh
24-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Thank you all - MIL has already forgotten about it! She says she feels fine.

dandysmom
24-12-2009, 09:20 PM
How scary for all; thank God they got there promptly and revived her! Hope the ABs knock out that infection and she's much better soon. A real worry for you both, and especially now. (((hugs)))