PDA

View Full Version : Do you have lap cats?

HappyKatz
22-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Hello! :smt039
Do any of your cats like to lay on your lap...or do they prefer to lay alone?

Snowball only lays on our laps if we put him there.
Then hes a happy boy & he starts grooming himself.

Sage rarely lays on our laps, he would prefer just to be hugged & kissed by his favorite napping spot.

Sushie loves laying on our laps everyday. Shes our lovable lap kitty.
She loves to snuggle with us, our sweet girl.
Sushie purrs and kneads us & then falls asleep.

Spooky is not a lap cat at all, no way, no how, never.
She is a lovable girl but only on her terms.

Spici is a lap cat only when she is in the mood. She will knead us until she finds a nice spot & then she will fall asleep.

Shilo only lays on our laps if we have food. Other then that she just wants to play!
If she does want to snuggle, she makes herself a home next to another cat.

Sadee is not a lap kitty. She loves strokes and attention, just not on our laps. She embraces petting & everything, just prefers to lay alone, usually in our bed.

Sasha will lay next to us, on our chests, and sometimes on our laps, but she prefers to snuggle right next to us. This happens every night :)

Phoenix
22-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Beauty would much rather lay down next to those she trusted, but occasionally she'd venture onto a lap if she considered it to be "safe".

Dylan adores snuggling anything that will stay still long enough but will only sit on laps when HE wants :D

pinklizzy
22-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Imogen will usually lie next to me on the arm of the sofa but sometimes she will venture onto a lap, and then only if you are sitting in a certain way!
She's not really a 'cuddly' cat but loves to rub heads with you and lick your hands.

Tink
22-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Hestia is most definitely a lap cat.
Kuan Yin I would have said yesterday she is not but last night for the first time she approached me and settled down into my lap..maybe she is growing up and getting more affectionate! I was so honored :D

dandysmom
22-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Not currently; Leia, unfortunately is not a lap cat. She will occasionally deign to do so, but the lap must keep still and not wiggle under her considerable weight; she promptly leaves. Misty, Patches and Dandy loved laps, Su-ling and Sultan rarely sat on laps.

kado
22-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Mine might tak a bit but here goes.

Kado only does when i am asleep

Guinness is the only one that does but ask permisson to come on buy sitting there and looking at me

Chester sometimes does mainly next too me

Troy is the same he loves sitting on me

Lucky doesnt at all

Gabby will when she feels like it

Maisey is sitting on me lately

Chunky will if spirit isnt there

Peaches yes when there isnt one on my knee

Cracker depends what mood he is in

Spirit is my proper lap cat is always on my knee. If i fall asleep she will lick my nose too wake me up

and finaly Smokey He is getting better and coming to us and will sit on the settee but hasnt got that near our knee yet.

mandyb
23-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi out of my four cats only two are lap cats and that’s my Bengal cheetah and roxy my ginger and white moggie. Maybe she’s just happy we took her in. bit of a story behind that I used to feed a stray he came for years over time we gained his trust he was a lovely cat but getting on in years. Anyway he just stopped coming so presumed he had passed away. There was also a female that hung around not long after we discovered she was pregnant she had her kittens but we didn’t know where. We finally found out she had them under a shed a few doors down from us.

I couldn’t rest knowing they were there and the nights were cold so I talked my other half into helping me get them. After emptying the shed and tipping it on its side we finally got all five kittens. I then set about trying to re home them all. I called every were but no one could help but I was told not to contact the RSPCA as they would only put them to sleep and I wasn’t having that. So we started asking round friends etc and we found homes for four of them that left my roxy well no way was she going anywhere. As for the mother we caught her had her spayed and found a home for her. But we always say roxy was a present from the stray I used to feed so he still lives on. She’s nearly two now and she gets comfort from sitting on my daughters lap sucking a blanket she’s had from a baby. Bless :D

fancyabrew
23-12-2009, 02:01 PM
God yes, within seconds of my ass hitting the sofa the cat is on my lap. If you have something on your lap she'll sit at your feet clawing at your leg until you let her up.

Everynight night she'll be right next to me in bed (lucky we have a super king!) Last week I was asleep on my side, and I could feel something crawling up me, but I thought it was in my dream, anyway awoke to find Chloe sitting bolt upright on top of me purring away, 3:30am, grrrrr

dandysmom
23-12-2009, 05:08 PM
What a lovely story about Roxy and her background. Well done you for taking care of those kittens and their mum!

All of mine but Patches have been bed cats and sleep with me.

angieh
23-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Both Kizzy and Pip prefer to sit on my OH's lap. Sometimes they will both sit next to me. Kizzy used to sleep on our bed then Pip decided that was his territory, but he seems to have relented and let her on a couple of nights ago. He is generally whizzing about most of the night!

fancyabrew
23-12-2009, 06:13 PM
chloe will sit on the wifes lap, but as a last resort, as soon as I sit down she'll move over to me!

Elaine
23-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Bernie is a big fan of any warm lap. Eva is much more fussy but she is getting there;)

Phoenix
23-12-2009, 09:48 PM
What a lovely story about Roxy and her background. Well done you for taking care of those kittens and their mum!

All of mine but Patches have been bed cats and sleep with me.

Dylan's a bed cat as well :D Beauty would sleep on a bed if she considered the person in the bed to be "safe", Dylan sleeps on any bed if it will stay still long enough :lol: