PDA

View Full Version : Morgan saved Christmas!

MrsH
15-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, he saved someone's Christmas! Let me explain.

Out in the woods this afternoon Morgan came bounding out of the scrub with something in his mouth and started to run off.

"Bring it here! Swap" brought him back to us and in proper gundog style he presented his trophy in exchange for a bit of liverbread. (so pleased we taught him to swap, even though he sometimes steals on purpose just so that he can bring it back and claim his reward :roll: )

It was a wallet! :shock: full of stuff, credit cards etc. and a great wadge of £20s, well over £100 at least! Quite a bit later on we saw someone looking to the left and right, not engaging with her dog at all and asked if she was looking for something. The relief on her face when we told her we had her lost wallet!

I made her describe it and the contents, she told us her name which matched the cards in there so I know it definitely went back to the rightful owner.

I'm so proud of my little Morgy chops, he could have bogged off with it, chewed it up or dropped and lost it. My hero! :smt038

Moli
15-12-2009, 06:50 PM
What a great story, clever boy Morgan...

Kazz
15-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey up....you can hire him out on New Years day...after new years eve.

Well done Morgan. Bet the woman was relieved

Mags
15-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Well done Morgan....what a star!:D

Elaine
15-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Thats lovely, it's nice to hear about honest deeds when there is so many negativities.

Well done both Morgan and Mrs H:D

Tink
15-12-2009, 08:49 PM
That is wonderfull :-)

yola
15-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow - Morgan deserves a medal, or at least local press recognition as a canine hero. Well done him!!

angieh
15-12-2009, 08:59 PM
What a very good boy Morgan is! Well done to you and to him.

dandysmom
15-12-2009, 09:01 PM
What a wonderful story! That deserves a write-up in the local paper; and he deserves a really big treat; what a GOOD boy!