PDA

View Full Version : Good grief

Elaine
15-12-2009, 04:34 PM
G is off work this week and ALL I asked him to do was take Bernie to the vet for his booster...

Came home from dog walking to listen to G tell me all about Bernies weight, his heart is fine apparently :shock: , his microchip is in place and he had a manacure.:roll:

What a palava, he only needed his booster:lol:

yola
15-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I think G is probably flattered to be the bearer of such good news . . . shows what a caring kitty-daddy he is; don't mock him LOL ;) :shock: ;)

Elaine
15-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I think G is probably flattered to be the bearer of such good news . . . shows what a caring kitty-daddy he is; don't mock him LOL ;) :shock: ;)

You are ofcourse absolutely right Yola, and I really shouldnt mock him. But.....he drives me mad at times, ask him something simple and your there for hours having the creation of man explained to you:lol:

dandysmom
15-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Better a chatty one than one who just grunts when you try to talk .......

Elaine
15-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Better a chatty one than one who just grunts when you try to talk .......

Oh how I long for him to simply grunt:lol: :lol: :lol:

angieh
15-12-2009, 05:59 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moli
15-12-2009, 06:25 PM
You are ofcourse absolutely right Yola, and I really shouldnt mock him. But.....he drives me mad at times, ask him something simple and your there for hours having the creation of man explained to you:lol:
Typical man!!!But at least he speaks to you Lainey;)

Kazz
15-12-2009, 07:24 PM
He is proud you asked him to take responsibility to take Bernie to the vets.

I remember Dave taking Cleo to the vets for her booster and he wrote down everything the vet said then proceeded to question them on things he thought I would want to know "such as the life cycle of roundworm...."as I asked him to get a wormer too *as Oz had a habit of eating birds/wildlife back then.

When I called into the vets shortly after they asked if he was coming again...I said maybe why?...the vets nurse said when she went to hold Cleo for her injection, he said "this is where the big Ahhhhh comes in"
he said "I'm sorry I know this is your vocation to look after animals but this is my Cleo and she is not used to strangers holding her (Cleo adored the vets, and they knew it)and I can't possobly let her undergo any medical procedure without me making sure she is okay. So I am going to have to say she stays with me."

I have to say I was well impressed he stuck to his guns as he hated needles himself they made him light headed, I assumed he would let them hold her give her the booster then he would bring her home.

G is a nice man...but remember he is JUST a man, he needs to be praised.

Elaine
15-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Typical man!!!But at least he speaks to you Lainey;)

More AT than TO me Pat:lol:

He is proud you asked him to take responsibility to take Bernie to the vets.

I remember Dave taking Cleo to the vets for her booster and he wrote down everything the vet said then proceeded to question them on things he thought I would want to know "such as the life cycle of roundworm...."as I asked him to get a wormer too *as Oz had a habit of eating birds/wildlife back then.

When I called into the vets shortly after they asked if he was coming again...I said maybe why?...the vets nurse said when she went to hold Cleo for her injection, he said "this is where the big Ahhhhh comes in"
he said "I'm sorry I know this is your vocation to look after animals but this is my Cleo and she is not used to strangers holding her (Cleo adored the vets, and they knew it)and I can't possobly let her undergo any medical procedure without me making sure she is okay. So I am going to have to say she stays with me."

I have to say I was well impressed he stuck to his guns as he hated needles himself they made him light headed, I assumed he would let them hold her give her the booster then he would bring her home.

G is a nice man...but remember he is JUST a man, he needs to be praised.

That's such a lovely thing that Dave did. Bernie is his little dude but I know he would be just as attentive with Eva as she is his little princess, even if she does drive him to distraction sometimes:lol:

farthing
16-12-2009, 02:42 PM
It better than Mike, he can never remember what is said, the vets usually end up phoning me to tell me what is going on.:lol:

Elaine
16-12-2009, 04:42 PM
It better than Mike, he can never remember what is said, the vets usually end up phoning me to tell me what is going on.:lol:

Poor Mike:lol:

Leesy
16-12-2009, 10:13 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: My OH refuses point blank to take M&M to the vets as he knows he would have the third degree when he got back and if he didn`t have the right answers the thumb screws would be out along with the big spot light :lol: :lol: .

Well done to G.

Moli
16-12-2009, 11:42 PM
My Hubby has never ever taken an animal to the vet, which is just as well, he cannot even remember the cats names!!....