PDA

View Full Version : On a more positive note......

farthing
13-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I thought I'd let you know how things have gone with everybody else's blood samples, and things aren't too bad.:D

Tabatha's thyroid was still high as was Samson's, but it turns out the tablets should be given with food and I have recently been giving them breakfast in the morning and the tablets at lunchtime, apparently the drugs are 40% more effective taken with food. So hopefully at the next test things will be a bit better.

Fluffy is FIV/FELV negative and will start joining the others today. Still waiting for her thyroid results, but expect them to be high too.

Spice's kidneys have shown no sign of deterioration, although I need to get a urine sample to look at protein/ creatinine ratio.

Misty's have deteriorated slightly, but I'm not surprised as she is 20, we need a urine sample for her too.

Smudge has just started to show signs that her kidneys are strating to go, but we were expecting it and she is on renal food now to try and slow things down, and I need another urine sample.
Still waiting for the thyroid results, but at least if they are high, I know why.

Deli the dalmation's liver results remain stable- so all in all quite pleased and happy with their health.

And Samson has lost a lot of the bloating since being on the diuretics and has his stitches out, so is looking well.:D

angieh
13-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Glad things are looking positive for your tribe farthing. You must be so experienced in getting samples ....... do you have any hints for others re getting urine samples? Notoriously difficult with our feline friends, especially with a multi cat household.

Very glad Samson's bloating is going down. He must be feeling better for that.

calismum
13-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Glad to hear things are not quite so bleak with these results.

All in all not too bad!

dandysmom
13-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Some positive news, glad to hear it.

yola
13-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Good to hear there is some seaonal feline cheer, healthwise.

Must go and catch up on the Samson news as things seem to be a little brighter there too :)

farthing
16-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, the news gets better- Jimmy and Spice's thyroid levels are well controlled, Smudge is slightly under but we are leaving her at that because she is well in herself and was over when on the slightly lower dose. Just waiting for Fluffy's results now!
Now all I have to do is get those urine samples.
I was asked about how I collected urine samples- nothing fancy- I get katkor litter, which is plastic beads, and put them in a small tray and put it and the cat in a seperate room, problem is the only empty room I have at the moment is the bathroom! I suppose that is quite appropriate.:lol:

dandysmom
16-12-2009, 04:44 PM
More good news, farthing!

angieh
16-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I was asked about how I collected urine samples- nothing fancy- I get katkor litter, which is plastic beads, and put them in a small tray and put it and the cat in a seperate room, problem is the only empty room I have at the moment is the bathroom! I suppose that is quite appropriate.:lol:

You see - it's easy when you know how! Never heard of katkor litter before. Will look that up and bookmark for future reference. Thanks farthing.

Leesy
16-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear the good news about your tribe, you must be relieved.