PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for Christmas dinner?

Kazz
09-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Based on a "poll" out today only 41% of people in the UK will be having Turkey for Christmas dinner...apparently, Lamb beef and goose are high on the list...I understand the goose...but just wondered what you are having...its turkey here...gobble gobble :)

Tink
09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
well, k's family is vegetarian so prob some vegetable and cheese type casserole :lol:
but i'm planning a small dinner for the two of us at home at some point with some ham, i found a good deal on a four pound one at the store that should be more than enough for us :-)

MrsH
09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
We're having a 3-bird game roast (mallard, pheasant and partridge) really looking forward to it. We like to ring the changes a bit, last year we had turkey, the year before it was goose.

dandysmom
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Chicken in lieu of turkey here; ham always on New Years, with black eyed peas for luck.

angieh
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Not great turkey lovers here - so we're having beef. Don't have roast beef often, so it's a treat.

Mags
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Roast turkey at my daughter's on Christmas Day ......... and roast turkey again on New Year's Day when y daughter and family come to us! :lol:

Phoenix
09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
We're having goose here (and Dylan will probably con someone out of a bit :lol: )

Kazz
09-12-2009, 10:22 PM
We're having a 3-bird game roast (mallard, pheasant and partridge) really looking forward to it. We like to ring the changes a bit, last year we had turkey, the year before it was goose.

Is your butcher doing that for you or are you doing it yourself...if so I prostrate myself at your feet,:shock: ..I would love that but no one would eat it.....I have to find a more adventerous family when it comes to food.:roll:

Kazz
09-12-2009, 10:22 PM
But saying that I adore turkey sandwiches afterwards....simply Christmas.

calismum
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
turkey here...................

dandysmom
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I did a pheasant once ... never again! It came en plumage and I had to pluck it myself: never knew what an absolutely vile odor wet feathers have! :shock: But it was tasty.

smudgley
09-12-2009, 11:36 PM
This year for us......Christmas dinner turkey & all the trimmings, christmas evening turkey sandwiches (or we might have rolls!) boxing day lunch turkey & chips and evening turkey with salad, on the 27th it will be turkey curry and for tea turkey with nibbles.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

It's actually not far from the truth. :oops: We love turkey here :cool:

MrsH
10-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Is your butcher doing that for you or are you doing it yourself...if so I prostrate myself at your feet,:shock: ..I would love that but no one would eat it.....I have to find a more adventerous family when it comes to food.:roll:

I ordered it at Waitrose :lol: We thought it was just going to be me and him this year so blow the budget and give ourselves a treat. Now, however, it looks as though daughter and her man will be with us after all. The roast's supposed to be enough for 3-4 people (not with our appetites :roll: ) so I'd better do extra chipolatas as well!

Mags
10-12-2009, 12:12 AM
If anyone wants to try the three bird roast themselves, here's a recipe (http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/516963).... :D

Moli
10-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I am getting a Turkey and a piece of Sirloin roast....

Kazz
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
This year for us......Christmas dinner turkey & all the trimmings, christmas evening turkey sandwiches (or we might have rolls!) boxing day lunch turkey & chips and evening turkey with salad, on the 27th it will be turkey curry and for tea turkey with nibbles.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

It's actually not far from the truth. :oops: We love turkey here :cool:

That sounds like this house. I adore Turkey and chips and turkey sarnies

yola
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I saw the 3 bird roast in the Waitrose catalogue last night, when placing my order; looked lovely!

This year I'm hosting, for the first time, the Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia, pronounced vigeelia) - usually my Mum does it, but as she's getting on a bit I suggest I would do it and invite all Ken's family too.

Because of the Catholic tradition of no meat on C. Eve, I will be cooking a whole salmon, potato crocquets and quionoia with roast fennel and courgette and cucumber salad. There will also be barszcz (beetroot soup), gluten-free savoury pastries, Polish cheesecake, stewed winter fruit salad :-D

Kazz
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM
That sounds lovely Yola....really nice the boys will have tradition, it means a lot.

angieh
10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Sounds wonderful Yola! Do you have one of those lovely big salmon kettles?

yola
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds wonderful Yola! Do you have one of those lovely big salmon kettles?

Nope - but Waitrose hired me one free of charge :-D

angieh
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
That's amazing. I do like that store - popped in last night to get some muesli - the staff are so helpful and nice.