PDA

View Full Version : Spraying again

Phoenix
08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
When Dylan first came to us he did a little bit of spraying then because he felt threatened by the white cat across the road. He has not sprayed again for several months, but last night he suddenly sprayed again upstairs :? :(

There have been no visitors (feline or otherwise) go upstairs (last time he sprayed it was in the kitchen because the white bully cat was coming in) so what could have caused him to suddenly spray again? :?

angieh
08-12-2009, 09:33 PM
As you say it's usually because they feel threatened. Could he be getting excited vibes??? Have you been moving furniture or putting up decorations yet? If not, I'm stumped RCR and hope someone who knows much more will come and offer you some other suggestions.

Moli
08-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Sounds like something has stressed him again, you don't have a new cat in the neighbourhood do you??

dandysmom
08-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I agree that it's probably stress; have you tried Feliway or Rescue Remedy?

Phoenix
09-12-2009, 09:05 PM
We haven't put any decorations up yet, and the newest cat in the neighbourhood is Poppet and Dylan's fine with her - constantly tries to flirt with her and blatantly invites her onto his territory judging by the way he rolls around in the garden when she's watching him :?

Don't know whether we've got any rescue remedy around in the cupboard, have to have a look to see what we do have in the cupboard. It's an intermittent problem, he's not sprayed at all today he didn't spray at all apart from the incident when we first got him. The white cat (we think) has long gone because we've not seen him around for several months if he was still here he'd be out picking fights with Dylan.

Edited to say: He's just sprayed again, this time downstairs in the sitting room :(

calismum
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
something must have upset him.

new routine in house?
new litter
litter tray moved
noises outside flashing decorations etc?

can't think of anything else

Phoenix
10-12-2009, 08:39 PM
something must have upset him.

new routine in house?
new litter
litter tray moved
noises outside flashing decorations etc?

can't think of anything else

We know there's flashing decorations within sight of the back garden, but the sitting room's round the front of the house :? His litter and litter tray are still exactly the same and the only change that's been made is 5 months ago I changed jobs but I don't think that will have anything to do with it (if it did have anything to do with it he wouldn't have started spraying 5 months after the event would he?:? )