PDA

View Full Version : Four Seasons Anti Parasitic Herbal Remedy. Does it Work?

Cool Cat Emma
07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Hello! I currently treat my 1yr old cat Alfie with Frontline and it dosen't seem to be working very well lately and I'm wondering if he has either become immune to it or the website I got it from has given me something else that is no good!

I had already been thinking of trying a more natural treatment and found a really interesting website called www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk. I would like to know if anyone has tried Four Seasons Anti Parasitic treatment on their cat? Does it work? Thought it handy to find out before I get to the itchy and scratchy stage!!!:cat30

Many Thanks

angieh
07-12-2009, 03:21 PM
There has been concern for about the last year that fleas have developed immunity to Frontline spot on, but the manufacturers deny this. (I'll see if I can link the appropriate bit of my vet's newsletter for info (http://www.alphapet.co.uk/?s=Frontline++).) It could be that this immunity is localised as there are members here who still find it effective. The spray I believe does still do the job. There are other insecticides that can be used on cats - my two have Stronghold and Advantage (different weight cats). I am sorry that I cannot comment on the herbal remedy you mention as I have never tried it.

I would certainly try to get any problem you have under control - no-one wants to be itchy and scratchy at Christmas!!! Good luck if you do try the herbal treatment. I would be interested to hear if you find it works.

dandysmom
07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I've heard the same about Frontline no longer working well. I have no experience of the herbal remedy but would be interested to know your results. Good luck!