PDA

View Full Version : Hair thing for Christmas

smudgley
01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
The kids have told me that daddy has seen something on the TV that cuts your hair & said he'd like one. :roll: I very briefly caught the advert one day, but don't really know what it was called :oops: Anyone know? It's a kind of shaver, but you can set it to a certain length & whizz it all over your head, it has a kind-of rounded end....
Anyone>?

angieh
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I haven't seen the advert you mention, but I bought my OH a BaByliss Barbers' Clipper Set several years ago and he has used it ever since. It does hair and beard and, as you say, can be set to different lengths. I think I bought it at Boots, but bet you can get similar online now.

Leesy
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Don`t think I have seen that advert either, but like Angie has said it is probably a hair clipper that you can buy in all sorts of sets, my OH has one as well we got one for him when he decided he didn`t want to go to the barbers anymore when he started receeding and getting a bald spot :roll: :lol: :lol: , poor baby.

smudgley
01-12-2009, 02:17 PM
thanks for that Angie & Leesy, although he has already got a decent set of clippers, he just liked the style of this particular one. I've tried searching the net, but I don't know what it's called, who makes it or what to search for. :oops: With his current clippers, he can do all over his head, but obviously can be awkward with the shape of them.... this one however is a bit like a rounded end-so would be really smooth all over the head. I'll keep looking. :)

Leesy
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
thanks for that Angie & Leesy, although he has already got a decent set of clippers, he just liked the style of this particular one. I've tried searching the net, but I don't know what it's called, who makes it or what to search for. :oops: With his current clippers, he can do all over his head, but obviously can be awkward with the shape of them.... this one however is a bit like a rounded end-so would be really smooth all over the head. I'll keep looking. :)

Will keep my eye out for it as well;)

Mags
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Would this be the ad, Smudgley? Have a look at the video .......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-Men-7435U-Easy-Clipper/dp/B002FGTIZU

smudgley
01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Mags - You are amazing, I knew you'd find it... I've been searching all day for it & couldn't find it. :-D
Didn't know they were £140 though :shock:

thankyou Mags x

smudgley
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
New ones on e-bay £63 with just 5 hours to go :cool:

Leesy
01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
WOW that looks good, hope my hubby dosen`t see them not at that price:shock:

Mags
01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Mags - You are amazing, I knew you'd find it... I've been searching all day for it & couldn't find it. :-D
Didn't know they were £140 though :shock:
thankyou Mags x
You're welcome:D

New ones on e-bay £63 with just 5 hours to go :cool:
That's a more realistic price, good luck, hope you get one Smudgley!:smt023

smudgley
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
You're welcome:D

That's a more realistic price, good luck, hope you get one Smudgley!:smt023

Now I didn't say I was getting him one, :lol: I just said that they were cheaper. :lol:

Seriously though, I might bid on one. :-D

Mags
01-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Now I didn't say I was getting him one, :lol: I just said that they were cheaper. :lol:

Seriously though, I might bid on one. :-D
I know, you just wanted the nudge to make up your mind!:-D

Mags
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Is this the same one from Argos, Smudgley?:?

If it is, there's a huge difference in the price!

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=BaByliss+For+Men+7435U+Easy+Cut+Hair+C lipper&Submit=GO+%3E

alexgirl73
01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Ah, that looks a lot better Mags :) I think the difference is that with the first one you get that extra shaver, but if your OH already has one of those then the second one would be better Smudgley. No good for my OH I'm afraid, he doesn't have enough hair left :lol:

Mags
01-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Ah, that looks a lot better Mags :) I think the difference is that with the first one you get that extra shaver, but if your OH already has one of those then the second one would be better Smudgley. No good for my OH I'm afraid, he doesn't have enough hair left :lol:
That's what I thought too, Alex ......... I hope Smudgley sees this before she pays out for something extra she doesn't really want:?