PDA

View Full Version : Wood pellets...

Moli
27-11-2009, 10:39 PM
friend of mine has had a new central heating system, and the boiler runs on wood pellets, exactly the same as the wood based cat litter.......Big bag of cat litter is about £8..odd, same size of these wood pellets is £3, and lasts my boys about 3 weeks, thats 4 trays cleaned daily....I have just got a dozen bags....He gets them when he orders his...

random
27-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I use this cat litter! Where does he get it?

Moli
27-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Its a place called puffin pellets, but if you google wood burning pellets, will get somewhere nearer you...They do 2 different grades, I like the best grade...

Leesy
27-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Thats a good idea that Moli, mine have always used Catsan and nothing else do you think that it would be easy to change my 2 onto that.

Moli
27-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Thats a good idea that Moli, mine have always used Catsan and nothing else do you think that it would be easy to change my 2 onto that.
My boys seem to like it....they had been on Catstan for years....;)

Leesy
27-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Did you gradually change it over or did you just take the plung.

Moli
27-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I just took the plunge....and they have used it no bother...and there is more or less no smell, which is brilliant...

Elaine
27-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Did you gradually change it over or did you just take the plung.

I'd change it gradually, some cats dont mind a complete change but others may very well protest;)

Moli
27-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I'd change it gradually, some cats dont mind a complete change but others may very well protest;)
Very true..............My boys do not sem to mind change...;)

Leesy
27-11-2009, 11:16 PM

LOL and knowing how fussy my 2 can be at times they probably would turn their noses up at a full change over:lol:

dandysmom
27-11-2009, 11:20 PM
That's brilliant, Moli, great savings and the gang doesn't object to it! Thanks for sharing that.

farthing
27-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Some of mine won't use it, they have been known to pee on the bed as a protest. I don't know who it is but its not worth the bother. They don't mine tesco value though- my moggies have no class.:roll:

Leesy
27-11-2009, 11:41 PM
There is always some isn`t there:roll: , I hope neither of mine decide to wee on the bed if I give it ago:shock:

random
27-11-2009, 11:42 PM
I have been using the tesco pellets for a while as I have found the wood very good for keeping the smell down.

I'd change it gradually Leesy just incase, I have 5 who will use anything but Vitaani, if she doesn't like the look of it she will go elsewhere, usually behind the TV. :roll:

random
27-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Its a place called puffin pellets, but if you google wood burning pellets, will get somewhere nearer you...They do 2 different grades, I like the best grade...

Will do, found some but I need to order by the tonne. :shock: I knwo I have a lot of cats but hey!

Will keep looking see if I can get a bit less, very useful though, cheers!

cats' staff
30-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Do you reckon that the wood pellets could be composted after the 'solids' have been removed? We manage to recyle most things but the cats are reponsible for most of our landfill rubbish. I tried the same catfood from cans rather than pouches but that didn't work so our black bin is full of cat lit and pouhces!

angieh
30-11-2009, 06:34 PM
I would suspect that they could be composted - Cats Best certainly can be .............. totally organic.