PDA

View Full Version : Best Kitty Litter

Mayberry
27-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wondering which cat litter everyone uses?

All the recommendations I seem to be finding are for people in the states :(

Thanks!

Leesy
27-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Mayberry, I have only ever really used one kitty litter and that is Catsan, my cats love it and I have never had any problems with it so I have never felt the need to try anything else.
I use the Smart pack Catsan as it comes with a liner that is a bit like a nappy and absorbs all the urine to help eliminate smells and also keeps the cat litter fresher, and it does work:D .

angieh
27-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Mayberry - I use Cat's Best mainly because it's compostable (without the poos!) and flushes. I have found it to be good at containing odour and Pip does not track it about on his paws. I order it online and have it delivered.

Here is some more info (http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/browse_91) about it. Hope you find it helpful.

Mags
27-11-2009, 04:12 PM
You will find our members have used several different types of litter.... we all have our favourite :)

Here is a link (http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=31451&highlight=Which+cat+litter+do+you+use)to a previous thread covering cat litter preferences..

MadCatLady
20-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Me & mine are Crystal litter fans thru & thru.... ;) PM me if you want some websites that deliver but make sure you shop around in your area.... 15kg from my supplier is approx £30 but lasts my 8 plus current 3 fosters (all indoor cats at mo due to weather) about 3-4wks! :-D

DO NOT buy from supermarket in little bags as that is STOOOPUDLY priced!!! :shock:

lizziejayne66
22-01-2010, 04:16 PM
i use the wood chip bags from pets at hom but at £8.99 a bag its expensive and iuse 3 bags a month

Kay
22-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Me & mine are Crystal litter fans thru & thru.... ;) PM me if you want some websites that deliver but make sure you shop around in your area.... 15kg from my supplier is approx £30 but lasts my 8 plus current 3 fosters (all indoor cats at mo due to weather) about 3-4wks! :-D

DO NOT buy from supermarket in little bags as that is STOOOPUDLY priced!!! :shock:

If you can ever get along to a cat show many of them have show deals that make it even cheaper ;)

pcspik
22-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Check out pet websites rather than Pets at Home. I bought some from ebay, and factoring in the postage cost 2 bags of litter cost less than Pets at Home. Plus it gets delivered to your door.

I am using World's Best, but I dont think it is that great. However I am stuck with it, as I have a Littermaid, and it says to only use "premium clumping litter". Unfortunately that is the only recommended to use with it (unlike the USA we dont have Littermaid's own litter over here).

Prior to me getting the Littermaid, I use to use a paper based ones (catolet).