PDA

View Full Version : secret santa?

suzanne118
24-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Iam on a couple of a dog forum and have joined up for a secret santa.
Its where you do gift exchanges for their dogs and get one in return.
Just wondering have u ever done secret santa on this forum?
I would love to take part in a cat one.:D

yola
24-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Suzanne, I think we've done a couple in the past. We only ever had one US member and it was a bit of a joke as it was no secred if you received one from Eileen! However we now have several regulars from across the Atlantic so it might not be a total giveaway :lol:

I think someone with a little more time on their hands than I have needs to organize it though :shock:

dandysmom
24-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I enjoyed it, and have thought of a way around the postmark problem: I'd send it to one of my friends in the UK and have her re-mail it ...that would surprise the recipient!

suzanne118
24-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I enjoyed it, and have thought of a way around the postmark problem: I'd send it to one of my friends in the UK and have her re-mail it ...that would surprise the recipient!

Yes thats a good idea Do you think we have enough time to organise it??

dandysmom
24-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Sometimes getting Catsey people oganized is like herding cats! Tee shirts! But we did manage the Catsey calendar! If someone will volunteer I'm ready for a go again this year....... think there is enough time.

Phoenix
24-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I'd love to volunteer but don't think I'll have time (got to organise Dylan's presents to everyone ie not dead things on Christmas Day presents like what happened last year :roll: )

dandysmom
24-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Anyone remember who organized the last one? Maybe if we asked very very nicely ......

smudgley
25-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Anyone remember who organized the last one? Maybe if we asked very very nicely ......

It was Tilly

suzanne118
26-11-2009, 05:28 PM
would be great to do it this year. My cats would love some goodies :)

Tink
26-11-2009, 08:45 PM
sounds like fun but i've opted out of most thing like that this year due to finances, budget is much tighter around here this year.

suzanne118
27-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Has anyone contacted Tilly to find out if we can organise this? or are we going to leave it this year?

Elaine
27-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure Tilly comes on much anymore, but I may be wrong as I am away alot myself.
I really enjoyed it last year, I think one or two parcels went missing in the post which is sadly unavoidable at this time of year.
I will have to opt out this year though as I have way too much on my plate at the moment, sorry.

Elaine
27-11-2009, 09:40 PM
My appologies, just noticed that Tilly is online right now;)

tilly
27-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I did secret santa last year and will never do it again. I have given my reasons before. I just come and browse now as posting has backfired to many time for me. please leave me out of the discussion

many thanks

Tilly

suzanne118
27-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I did secret santa last year and will never do it again. I have given my reasons before. I just come and browse now as posting has backfired to many time for me. please leave me out of the discussion

many thanks

Tilly

ok sorry about that.
maybe i might organise it? :S

suzanne118
27-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I think we might have to leave it this year..

Or would anyone like to do a little gift swap with my cats??

:)

Elaine
27-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm really sorry Tilly, hope I didnt upset you.

suzanne118
27-11-2009, 11:00 PM
maybe next year :)

bluerat
14-12-2009, 01:31 PM
i also belong to a fish forum , where we do a secret santa card exchange , a thread was set up by the two of the moderators , any member wanting to to join in would then post IM IN and when the time was up each of the mods would have a list of the names . you would sent the card to the allocated person , and you would receive one form another...
you would submit your address via pm to the mod , they then pm your secret santas to you the same way..
im now awaiting my card to arrive any day now this is the 3rd year that i have done this and it is growing every year and is so much fun.
once we receive the card we would take a pic and post it in a thread

Phoenix
14-12-2009, 04:51 PM

many thanks

Tilly

Sorry you feel like that tilly.