PDA

View Full Version : It's been 24 hours since...

Tink
24-11-2009, 02:35 AM
my last cigarette.
Nightmares and my brain is fuzzy. Don't really feel like myself.
And I am just talking to try to stop thinking of smoking, LOL.

angieh
24-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Good for you Tink. Just take each day as it comes, don't beat yourself up and if you need patches or gum to help use them. It's hard - I know.

Moli
24-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Well done Tink.....

Mags
24-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Keep up the good work Tink, it WILL get easier..:)

daniellesdogs
24-11-2009, 04:47 PM
it gets easier after the first year iv been smoke free for i think almost 6 years.
well done keep it up

Tink
25-11-2009, 09:48 AM
So after day one K came home with smokes and I had Four. Yeah, I'm a freaking idiot.
Today I made One out of cigarette butts in the ashtray and a lone tube.
I don't know if it's just a coincidence but my body literally hurts everywhere. It hurts to walk. It even hurts to lie down.
I hate everything and I'm starting to question if I'm mentally stable enough to do this :roll:
For reference sake, in the last two days I've had Five total. I'm used to having oh...about 20 to 40 a day :(

daniellesdogs
25-11-2009, 10:04 AM
dont do it! chuck out all butts. it will be its only one then only 2 and so, i know i tryed a fue times befor i gave up. the pain is prob because your immune systum low thr lac of cigs and you now catchin cold. take some paracetomol have hot bath go to bed. when you wake up cool shower and keep buzy till you cant stay awake any more. but if you dont give in to that one then the rest cant get in the way

random
25-11-2009, 10:27 AM
You are still doing so well Tink from what you are used to 5 is nothing in 2 days. You will feel crappy but it will be worth it in the long run, just think of the future when this crappy bit is over, you can do it. Are you replacing them with anything? Patches or gum or anything?

Tink
25-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks. Nope just cold turkey.
And what is paracetomol?

angieh
25-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Don't beat yourself up Tink ....... just accept that you've slipped a bit and tell yourself you'll do better next time. Of course, it makes it a lot harder if K is still smoking. I managed to quit only after my OH had himself stopped. I'd tried several times before but given up giving up. Take a deep breath and give up again.

Paracetamol is an over the counter painkiller that is used as an alternative to aspirin here in UK.

Tink
25-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh, okay thanks.
I'm drinking tea and taking some Goldenseal in the hopes that it will flush my system of the nicotine faster. I want to get passed the physical symptoms of withdrawl asap so i can just focus on the psychological.
I'm trying very hard to not be a crankypants. Maybe when I wake up tomorrow I will feel better.

Leesy
25-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Hang on in there Tink, you are doing great, it will be hard but sooooo worth it in the end;)

daniellesdogs
25-11-2009, 08:02 PM
sorryshould of just put pain killers. i lived on them and mouth ulser stuff my mouth was so saw maybe i was biting it in my sleep but now i dont stink of cigs just cats an dogs lol

Moli
25-11-2009, 08:11 PM
You are doing really well Tink, I had the help of tablets from the Doctor and took me 5 weeks to totally stop, that was over 2 years ago....feel so much better for it though...

Tink
26-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't wanna jinx anything but got through today without smoking at all. I'm feeling better today too.

Leesy
26-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Thats great news Tink, keep up the good work;)

angieh
26-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Good news Tink. Well done.

Tink
28-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Still haven't smoked. For some reason, woke up really really wanting to though. But I haven't.
Oh and I guess my sense of smell is coming back. It's driving me nuts cuz to me it seems heightened instead of normal.
And things taste weird.

daniellesdogs
28-11-2009, 10:27 AM
stay well away from any one that smokes and in couple of monts time if you go near any one smoking the smell taste of the air enough to make you heave. my foster sister smokes like a train i cant even hug her kids because their clothes smell of cigs i have to rewash their clothes when they come to stay or keep clean ones. she prob say they stink of animals when they go home though:oops:

angieh
28-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree - the smell of smoke on people and in places does smell foul. To think I used to smell like that.

Well done Tink. Good going.

Leesy
28-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Great news that you didn`t give in and smoke one, keep it going and it will get easier;)

calismum
28-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Well done - it is amazing how things will smell and taste different. I couldn't believe how much I had been missing out on.

Keep it up - sending you loads of supporting vibes.