PDA

View Full Version : Training Dylan

Phoenix
20-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I've started using Dylan's favourite biscuit treats to get him to do a few tricks. So far I've got him to stand on his back legs to reach the treat, next I've got to introduce a word to use to make him stand on his back legs :lol: Any suggestions on what word I could use? :D

I'm not using a clicker because Dylan really doesn't like the clicker, in fact I sent the clicker to Elaine for her to use.

dandysmom
20-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I taught my childhood at to do that ....the word was cheese, because the treat was cheese! How about just "treat!"?

random
20-11-2009, 11:25 PM
I taught Anakin to sit on command like a dog, haven't tried it for months mind, wonder if he remembers.

I was going to go through the whole repertoire but such is life and more important things got in the way than teaching my kitten party tricks lol, surprised me just how easy it was though, nothing like a dog, but still. x

angieh
21-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh, now getting Pip to sit up and "beg" would be quite easy - he's got Meerkat in him! Just need to co-ordinate the "up" command with when he does it - probably it's me that needs training more than him ....................... :lol: