PDA

View Full Version : Another one

kado
17-11-2009, 11:06 AM
A villager has just me a realy fluffy jet black male kitten in a carrier bag. I would say he is around 9wks. I have given him some milk and kitten food he lapped it up. He does seem to have a odd toe and is very cold. My son has named him smokey. Put notice up in the shop but as he seems very tame. There isnt any notices up apart from one that has been missing since 10th of november and i no it isnt that one. Going to vets either later today or in the tomorrow afternoon to see if he needs any help in anway his eyes seem ok and his nose is clear as well. Will post some photo's later

angieh
17-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Poor wee mite, but on the other hand the person who left him with you knows that you will make sure the kitten is taken care of. Hope the vet doesn't find anything wrong - I don't like the sound of him being cold though.

(sorry, that sounded odd! I meant the kitten, not the vet!!!)

smudgley
17-11-2009, 11:21 AM
another one? :shock: Poor baby. well done for helping, but I think you need to be careful, I know your heart is in the right place - but people are obviosly coming to you now with stray cats because they know you will help. (I know they do it to me too) but I have the support of CP to financially help me with food & vet bills. All I'm saying is don't feel you always have to say yes & take in these cats & don't feel you have to keep him. you have your hands full with the kittens.

kado
17-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I spoke to another local rescue a few weeks back and will phone them if there is any problems or if there is any more. He also looks like he has a missing claw.

dandysmom
17-11-2009, 05:05 PM
You are a cat magnet! Poor wee thing, hope he has a good report from the vet health-wise. Bless you for helping him, don't take on more than you can handle though, Kado..

angieh
17-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, that is wise advice from Smudgley and Dandysmom.

kado
17-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I wont. This one is the last one i promise. It was my OH that fell in love with him. Hopefully going to vets tomorrow got too speak to neighbour for lift first. He looks like he has deffiently done something to his front paw either its disolacated it or it its broken. He has no scratches or any marks on him. We think he was the runt of the litter and was pushed out. I have a very understanding vet so i know he will help him out. He loves his food and all the cats have seen him and are not bothered which is great. I will post a pic later on

smudgley
17-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Does that mean you are keeping him Kado?

kado
17-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Yep if no owner comes for him.

dandysmom
17-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I'd be willing to bet that if OH likes him that well, he's staying! Great that the others are so accepting of him.

kado
17-11-2009, 09:36 PM
He loves my youngest and went too sleep on her knee cuddling her. They asked to take him upstairs so i thought that would be easier all around for the other cats, Looking at his paw it looks deformed like a club foot. I know its going to cost a bit at the vets but he deserves a chance.

Moli
17-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Poor boy...how many have you got now Kado??

kado
17-11-2009, 09:52 PM
A lot...................:-D

kado
17-11-2009, 10:52 PM
By himself

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q156/kado_album/071.jpg

And with rebecca

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q156/kado_album/076.jpg

Moli
17-11-2009, 10:53 PM
He does not look very old, thank goodness someone found him, its getting cold at night now....

dandysmom
17-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh bless, he is a wee little thing! And so cute. Have you started thinking of a name?

kado
17-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Yes. I closed the door so i could talk about if it was the same kitten from saturday. By the time i got in he was called smokey. He looks a bit persain i think his tail isnt that long but fat at the base. He is very fluffy so it and looks like the size of maises babies there 12wks+ now. When we first put milk down he got it all over his face and when he eats food he spits it out first then eats it. Its his right front paw that is odd it faces out wards

smudgley
18-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Poor boy...how many have you got now Kado??

A lot...................:-D

come on spill the beans.... how many?

angieh
18-11-2009, 12:10 AM
He is such a cutie - hope that his foot isn't causing him pain.

kado
18-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I have 7 adults and 5 kittens. He has realy taken too my daughter rebecca. They took him upstairs last night and he slept under there bed. They carried him down in his blanket. He seems to be putting a little weight on his paw as well now but it does look a bit odd. He ran under the kitchen units this morning and we couldnt reach him at all so i had to use a stick from a cat toy with a bit of meat wrapped around to coax him out. The girl kittens hises at him but most of the others look and walk away. He certainley isnt the same cat that came yesterday that was so cold. He is alert and his eyes and nose are clear

angieh
18-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Glad he's warmed up Jane ...... when are you going to manage to get him to the vet?

kado
18-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Its going to be tomorrow when i have funds in the bank. He does seem ok though. Maisey and a couple of the kittens and him drank milk out of a dish together. He only hisses well i think its him with food

dandysmom
18-11-2009, 05:08 PM
I hope his little paw is going to be OK.

Moli
18-11-2009, 05:17 PM
You really should have kept in away from the rest for a while, at least till he has been vet checked, just to make sure he is not carrying anything nasty...that he could pass on:)

kado
18-11-2009, 05:53 PM
He has been under the kitchen units all day and is wrapped up in his blanket. I have just safely removed one tick from him and he has an appointment at the vets at 12.30pm at the vets. I have some panacur left from the kittens but i will ask the vet before i use it as i dont know his proper weight and his age. I wormed my cats yesterday has maisey was sick and one was in it. They have been de flead as well, Anyway he needs checking over and i just couldnt make it today.

Elaine
18-11-2009, 06:08 PM
thats quite a collection you have now.

kado
18-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I had only every wanted one honestley. It was going to be a litter mate of guinness but they got another home for it. I then found kado etc, etc. I wouldnt be without any of them at all.