PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Toilet Malfunction

Sugarant
17-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone,

My friend isn't a member on here so I'm posting on her behalf. Over the last fortnight, her cat has started going to a toilet on the kitchen floor and in a plant pot rather than outside or in the litter tray.

10 weeks ago they brought their new baby home, but the cat hasn't seemed phased by that. However, they are worried that a neighboring cat has been coming into the house and eating her cat food - could that disturb her enough to change her toilet habits?

How do you stop an unwanted cat from entering your house? They've got a magnetic cat flap and collar thing but apparently she comes in so gently that the cat flap doesn't close properly.

Phoenix
17-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Is the litter tray kept clean and within easy reach? Has anything else changed around the house? Some cats find it hard to adjust to change.

Sugarant
17-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I think the litter tray is kept clean and it hasn't moved but of course, there's a new baby and an intruding cat so there's definitely been change!

Is there anything they can do to encourage her to use her tray again or is it something they should wait out?

Phoenix
17-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Have they got a water spray? Spraying the intruder cat with water would deter it.